New to the forum - My 95 Tahoe - *Lots of pictures*

Little Red

Adventurer
Nice Tahoe, I like the red and black.
The spray on bed liner looks really good, I am planning on doing the same to my Suburban this summer when the weather gets better.

Humvette

Adventurer
any plans for bigger tires?
Are those 285's?

I had a 2dr Yukon for 7 yrs. I love it!!!

Wish i never sold it. :(

dy_lon

Observer
Thank you for all of the nice comments. The rocker panels are coated with bed armor by duplicolor. Yes, my tires are 285's. I plan to run a set of 33" tires. Hopefully I'll get them before next winter. I won't be able to run anything larger because I won't be able to fit in my garage. Future mods include a dual battery setup, high amp alternator and a rear bumper with a spare tire carrier.

dy_lon

Observer
looks good. Im diggin the lowered chevy next to it also

Thank you! That truck is my 91 chevy short bed reg cab. All shaved with caddy tail lights, 5/7 drop with 17" American racing torque thrust II's. And it is in desperate need of a good engine and some paint!

Trprowen

5215295676_43fc7f939b_z.jpg

Carling rocker switches installed in overhead console..

-Dylan

Looks bad azz ! :victory: I wish id kept mine but had to sell unfortunally What mounts did you use for the switches ?

dy_lon

Observer
Correction: my tires are 265's.I appoligize for that. I have a set of 17" black Cragar Soft 8's in 17x8 and i have a set of 305/70 17's waiting to be installed along with a few other new mods. I hope to work on it a bunch in the next few days and i will add more pics!

For the carling rocker switch mounts, I bought some of the pop in mounts from OTRATTW.com and then dremel'd out a rectangle in the over head console panel. Mine does not have rear a/c controls ( I am not sure if any of them did?) so it was pretty easy. I ran my wiring all through relays so i was able to run all of my switch wiring very easily to that fuse box that i made with very small guage wire.

Trprowen

For the carling rocker switch mounts, I bought some of the pop in mounts from OTRATTW.com and then dremel'd out a rectangle in the over head console panel. Mine does not have rear a/c controls ( I am not sure if any of them did?) so it was pretty easy. I ran my wiring all through relays so i was able to run all of my switch wiring very easily to that fuse box that i made with very small guage wire.

Any tips on doing the fuse box ? I have so many wires all over the place !

dy_lon

Observer
New additions:

• I re-installed my Golight control panel
  • Installed c-cell mag light holders
  • Installed a 4x4 posi lock setup: http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/app_chevy-k.html
  • Made a control box to totally cut out all power to my winch
  • I have yet to install my new MSD coil pack for the ignition; see below
  • I bought a set of 17x8 crgar soft 8's and a set of Maxxis Bighorn 305/70/17's but i havent picked them up from my brother yet.
  • I fixed my air conditioning. After having to tear the dash out to replace a ruined evaporator.

Ignition pack:
MSD-8226.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0697[1].jpg
    IMG_0697[1].jpg
    262 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0552[1].jpg
    IMG_0552[1].jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0632[1].jpg
    IMG_0632[1].jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0617[1].jpg
    IMG_0617[1].jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0572[1].jpg
    IMG_0572[1].jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0565[1].jpg
    IMG_0565[1].jpg
    699.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0643[1].jpg
    IMG_0643[1].jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 63

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Nice work man. You've done some quiality mods and your work looks impecable. looks like you have a nice shop too eh ;) wich can work wonders...

Cheers

Dave

dy_lon

Observer
I checked out the heater core when I had it apart and it looked brand new still.....I hope.

Thanks for all the kind words...I have out a lot of time, effort and money into it and I like showing it to people who appreciate it.

dy_lon

Observer
I had a couple of PM's on how I wired my Aux wiring. I created the schematic below for this.
Presentation1.jpg

I used the following products to make my installation as neat as possible:

Fuse box: Blue Seas ST Blade Fuse Block With Cover

http://otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=5025B

Switches: Carling Rocker Switches

http://otrattw.com/products.php?cat=19

Relay Holders:

http://www.amazon.com/12-VDC-5-PIN-RELAY-SOCKET/dp/B0002ZPUMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308424575&sr=8-1

Inline fuse holders if you dont need as many fuses:

http://www.amazon.com/line-ACT-Water-resistant-Fuse-Holder/dp/B0002KR88A/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_c

Radio Shack Hobby Box to house everything:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062285

And of course I used a lot of wire. Being that the relay doesnt need a very large wire to be activated, I ran cat-5 or ethernet cable from the switch (load Side) to the "86" prong on the relay. I used this type of wire because it is small, easy to run and allows you to run one cable and power many different things because of the multiple lengths of wire in the cable.

I have had absolutley ZERO issues with this. I have had my front Hella's on for hours at a time on back roads and never ever had any issues.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I hope this helps anyone with future questions.

-Dylan

the blue bus

hoe looks real good. i liek those switches a lot too. i just installed a console for that reason. i currently have lights in diesel bumper and 3 reverse lights. going to be adding rock lights soon and some roof ones maybe. fuse box looks good too. how much did all the switches cost ya? right now i have 2 red ones in one of the dash blanks. looks allright but im doing all blue interior leds so swaping to labled and blue switches.going to get tow mirrors too in july for my birthday. they look sick on there
not inteded to thread jack just like yours a lot. ill make a thread for mine
267850_2244621638027_1322711968_2657249_5115964_n.jpg

265018_2244621798031_1322711968_2657250_5981691_n.jpg

263165_2204282309569_1322711968_2650055_3911721_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh