Nikson's Unlimited Rubicon LJ build

RACKMAN

Observer
Don't know if you are still around as this thread is a little old but...wondering if you ever installed that Rugged Ridge dual battery tray and if you like it? thanks.

Nikson

Explorer
Don't know if you are still around as this thread is a little old but...wondering if you ever installed that Rugged Ridge dual battery tray and if you like it? thanks.

here is a video...

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCI6l4v1i8w[/video]

Not sure how to elaborate on your question of me liking it - its a piece of metal, it dont really play any role as far as liking it., its there, it does what its supposed to do (hold the 2 batteries)... I've not had any issues with it, and would recommend to anyone in need of one...

Hopefully i've answered your question...

RACKMAN

Observer
here is a video...

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCI6l4v1i8w[/video]

Not sure how to elaborate on your question of me liking it - its a piece of metal, it dont really play any role as far as liking it., its there, it does what its supposed to do (hold the 2 batteries)... I've not had any issues with it, and would recommend to anyone in need of one...

Hopefully i've answered your question...

The fact that it's a piece of metal is irrelavant...there is a Smittybuilt one that is of similar design and has gotten some bad reviews on quality...poor welds, too light of a guage of steel, etc...what I meant by liking it, was simply how it has performed and how it has held up(guess I should've worded my question differently) which you have answered for the most part, so thank you. Care to elaborate at all on build quality, fit and finish? The video is not in english.

Nikson

Explorer
The fact that it's a piece of metal is irrelavant...there is a Smittybuilt one that is of similar design and has gotten some bad reviews on quality...poor welds, too light of a guage of steel, etc...what I meant by liking it, was simply how it has performed and how it has held up(guess I should've worded my question differently) which you have answered for the most part, so thank you. Care to elaborate at all on build quality, fit and finish? The video is not in english.

Gotcha... :)

Video is just there for your "review" - not much words of understanding needed there...

quality of this setup - I have to say is good, havent had any issues w/it, other than to think that its a bit overpriced, but than again - dont like the price - make it yourself, right? :)

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Great looking LJ. I love mine but I like the more expo look of yours a lot. I am starting to lean that way...

worldbob

Update on this Build

Stumbled across this thread and thought I'd add an update.
I wheeled this Jeep pretty much as is for almost two years.
Recently I've made a few changes.

31.5 gallon Gen Right Safari Tank
Metalcloak Aluminum Highline 3" fenders, corners and rockers
UCF low clearance belly pan and Aluminum skid up front
37x12.5x15 Pitbull Radial Rockers
Sound upgrade and CB
Fabricated a new rear bumper to clear the tank and more ground clearance
Reworking the tire carrier now to work with new bumper
Front JK LED turn signals and rear LED signals.
I'm sure there's more... it never ends!
Bob

Future mods... M90 Supercharger and Rubicrawler.

NewTires02.jpg
NewTires01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat