OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
My method for draining the rear water tank is to open the hose spigot and let the pump empty most of the water. Then I remove the white threaded plug on the right side of the tank to get the rest of the water out. I'm sure somebody on this board, smarter than me, will figure the thread size and come up with a valve or similar to make it easier.

Thats the correct way to empty the tanks. Its an Australian thing. So far every Australian trailer we have received does that as well.

ROA can put bunks in your d15 ;). Got a video on youtube if you havnt seen it.

Yes!! I have seen it and it's a great idea and concept, sealed the deal for me on the Dweller actually. Was planning on just copying it since I live in Texas now and am not close to SLC (moved 5 months ago from Heber, UT). Do you guys sell the bed kit by chance, not sure if it would be worth shipping or not but might be others interested as well. I was also considering a flip down over the king bed across the trailer to maintain headroom but haven't looked at the logistics of that yet with the top pull down bar as I've only owned it a few hours so far.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
So I picked up my Dweller 15 last night and overall am very happy with the rig. Perfect balance of what we wanted and needed for all the luxuries off-grid. I have 4 kids so plan on incorporating another bed either similar to what ROA did or over the king bed to preserve headroom, no idea yet.

I will definitely be doing the shock swap as my side to side wobble was quite bad even going 50-55 towing with a LC200 series. My front tongue is a few inches higher than I ideally want as I wanted to see how much it sagged once I fill all the tanks and have it loaded with gear up front plus 6 humans. So that may have some play into it but still, it was unfortunately a bit scary at one point so that's going to have to be mandatory.

Does anyone know if the batteries charge from the 7 way like most other trailers or will it only charge from the extra Anderson plug that's also up front? If so it's kinda annoying to have to use both. Any recommendations on the best way to even wire that? Would I have to run wiring all the way to my vehicle battery, or I do have a 120v plug outlet in the rear of the LC.....wonder if I could use something to plug that in to the Anderson plug somehow??? I plan on using the front Anderson cord to charge the house batteries with a 200w renogy suitcase that has a charge controller built in. Will charging in this manor supplement the 300w that's on the roof (can they both charge at the same time or will the charge controllers clash so to say)?

I would love to know if anyone is able to figure out a soft start on the AC so it can run off a 2000-2200 inverter generator. Otherwise lugging around a larger generator would be a pain. This Texas heat is brutal, I'm used to Utah camping and chilly nights in the mountains but now may actually need AC and need a solution. Not sure if I would have to just go to a 3200w generator but would prefer to save the money since I already own a 2200w and like others would like to swap out to lithium eventually.

I have this exact same IceCo fridge from another camper already and personally have not been impressed with my other unit. Maybe if the temps are below 80 it works fine but here in Texas and it's 90-100 plus degrees out the fridge was aweful. Sometimes it would freeze, then randomly warm and each side would warm and freeze beyond my setpoints and all my frozen items would melt and fridge items would freeze. I even had them warranty it and the new unit did the same thing. I guess I'll try this one and maybe I got 2 bad units but don't have high expectations.
h
Buy a Rhino hitch. It is worth it. You can easily adjust your trailer height as you truck load changes. 1657749754833.png

gendlert

What in the actual ****. This is hilarious. And ridiculous. Y'all have remotes for your AC. Courtesy of @ROA-OFFROAD . Thanks guys!

Oh, and I verified, this video was made with full water tanks to show real-world performance.
4211b4903ebde9db41b1e79821fabac0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

What in the actual ****. This is hilarious. And ridiculous. Y'all have remotes for your AC. Courtesy of ROA. Thanks guys!

Oh, and I verified, this video was made with full water tanks to show real-world performance.

Ya if you look in the owners manual it will tell you about the placement of the remote buried in the A/C.

Wow, thank you again ROA. I had seen the AC remote mentioned in the manual, but I didn't notice that it was documented as inside the unit. I did a brief google search to see about buying one, but then I decided, do I really need a remote for the AC? Am I that high maintenance? But now I actually have one (well, once I pull that panel off).

Hey ROA, in one of your dweller videos you showed the salt and pepper shakers that fit perfectly info the round compartments of the utensil drawer. Can I buy those from you (or somewhere else)? Ok, maybe a little high maintenance :)

Thank you for this. That must mean the Snomaster equipped trailers with panels to the right of the door are pre-January 2022.
The panels to the right of the door are definitely pre Jan 2022 for the D13. I believe for the D15 the panel has always been to the left. Based on videos I have seen, same for the refrigerator.

A comment about the cartridge toilet. I haven't used it yet, but I was stumped on how to fill the flush water tank. I tried pouring water into the provided spout on the unit, but it would flow into the tank. After watching a video I discovered the key - you have to add the funnel (it is stored on the cartridge itself) to the spout to provide enough "head" to push the water in the tank.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

What in the actual ****. This is hilarious. And ridiculous. Y'all have remotes for your AC. Courtesy of @ROA-OFFROAD . Thanks guys!

Wow lots of ROA adverts going on here these days. Is the coolaid being passed around ? (FYI - I have never liked coolaid its to sweet, must be a cultural thing) They do have 30 or 40 Dwellers sitting on thier lot. I kid as it actually really cool they found the remote.

gendlert

A comment about the cartridge toilet. I haven't used it yet, but I was stumped on how to fill the flush water tank. I tried pouring water into the provided spout on the unit, but it would flow into the tank. After watching a video I discovered the key - you have to add the funnel (it is stored on the cartridge itself) to the spout to provide enough "head" to push the water in the tank.
Interesting. I don't use the funnel, I just keep filling and it goes. Pro tip: you can fill it in the field using the tongue hose bib if you have a water hose in your trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven