OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

WillySwan

When we first got our Dweller, I did not really see the point of having the outside faucet on the front of the trailer...

I’m not sure how often I will need to hook a hose to the Dweller faucet, but I want to have the option available...

I found a good use for the hose on the outdoor spigot. Last week we camped for a couple of nights under some tall fir trees. When we were breaking camp and packing up the Dweller, the awning was covered with pitch-covered fir needles. I dropped the front of the awning as low as I could and tried shaking them off, but to no avail. The hose worked great for spraying off the needles.

IMG_2069.jpg

Last edited:

rblitz

I found a good use for the hose on the outdoor spigot. Last week we camped for a couple of nights under some tall fir trees. When we were breaking camp and packing up the Dweller, the awning was covered with pitch-covered fir needles. I dropped the front of the awning as low as I could and tried shaking them off, but to no avail. The hose worked great for spraying off the needles.

View attachment 785279
So far, I've only used it to refill the toilet water reservoir and rinse off some beach sand.

Dmora874

Greetings,

I've been following along and learning a lot. We've finally received our Dweller 15, and we've had a few nights in it with positive experiences so far. I do have a question regarding attaching items to the roof. I understand the concerns about potential issues like leaks. However, I'm considering installing two 200W Renogy solar panels with frames and brackets, rather than the flexible ones. If I take proper precautions, such as using RV rated self-leveling sealant and ensuring thorough sealing, I believe it can be done without any problems. Does anyone have any experience? The reason I want to move to these is because it seems as if the solar is flying off and the double sided sticky tape is getting too hot here in New Mexico as I have lost 2 panels while driving.View attachment IMG_3356.JPEG

Finally finished swapping to the Monroe shocks, and changed out the front jockey wheel for the big ARK that just detaches, and all 4 corner jacks for the bigger ARK ones that can actually lift almost 2000lbs each.

Time to head down to the beach for a week.
A few questions about the corner jack upgrade. Did you use the 33" model on all four corners? Did the new ARK jacks bolt onto the existing brackets? In other words, was it just a matter of removing the two bolts holding each jack in place and bolt the new jacks in?

Flettrich3

Greetings,

I've been following along and learning a lot. We've finally received our Dweller 15, and we've had a few nights in it with positive experiences so far. I do have a question regarding attaching items to the roof. I understand the concerns about potential issues like leaks. However, I'm considering installing two 200W Renogy solar panels with frames and brackets, rather than the flexible ones. If I take proper precautions, such as using RV rated self-leveling sealant and ensuring thorough sealing, I believe it can be done without any problems. Does anyone have any experience? The reason I want to move to these is because it seems as if the solar is flying off and the double sided sticky tape is getting too hot here in New Mexico as I have lost 2 panels while driving.View attachment 785623

That is a great question! I can't believe the solar panels are coming off. I live in Texas plenty of heat as well. That worries me a little as I wait for my Dweller day.

Dmora874

That is a great question! I can't believe the solar panels are coming off. I live in Texas plenty of heat as well. That worries me a little as I wait for my Dweller day.

I got an update from ROA, who I bought the camper from, and this is the first they have seen maybe a manufacturing issue. They have covered this under warranty and have been great to work with (The kool-aid tastes great :). They did say as long as it is sealed correctly should not be a problem if I wanted to rivet or screw the replacement flexible panels down or if I move to framed panels in the future.

leosgarza

I went the camlock route for the grey water.
1.25" camlock connects to a 1.25" to 40mm adapter. I took off the downward facing elbow and used a new elbow facing towards the trailer's driver side then used the extra 40mm pipe to extend to right under the side frame. I'm not really too concerned with bottoming out here as my wife and I don't do overlanding, just forest roads. Besides, the Dwellers steps are even lower than this is. I may reinforce this so it doesn't loosen over time though. The whole thing cost me about $40 USD, not including the hose.
View attachment 769929View attachment 769930
Would you happen to have a parts list of what you got and where you purchased them at?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I got an update from ROA, who I bought the camper from, and this is the first they have seen maybe a manufacturing issue. They have covered this under warranty and have been great to work with (The kool-aid tastes great :). They did say as long as it is sealed correctly should not be a problem if I wanted to rivet or screw the replacement flexible panels down or if I move to framed panels in the future.
Careful all that coolaid might send you into diabetic shock 😉 glad they took care of you and I hope you don't have any other issues!

rblitz

Anyone have problems with the little sliding plate on the fresh water cap's lock? One of mine won't budge unless I pry it with a blade:
4V4A0916.jpg
Tried a bit of lubricant, but it didn't do anything. The internal spring still seems to work, because it'll slide back. It's just that a key won't move it out of the way.

rblitz

Anyone find a use for the awning rails on the camp side of the Dweller?
4V4A0920.jpg

A while back an Opus dealer told me that Opus was coming out with a rear awning to cover the bed fold out on the Opus that's very similar to the Dweller's config. I was hoping to be able to use these for something. Maybe I can build my own bug screen for the awning.

Flettrich3

View attachment 785982

A while back an Opus dealer told me that Opus was coming out with a rear awning to cover the bed fold out on the Opus that's very similar to the Dweller's config. I was hoping to be able to use these for something. Maybe I can build my own bug screen for the awning.
I will have mine soon, and that is something I have been wondering about.

gendlert

Probably not along the lines of what you're looking for, but my wife bought these: https://a.co/d/iXkLsja

1689205347150.png

She slid them into the rail and uses them as hooks for her lights and disco ball. (Because why not, that's why! You already have a trailer with an INDOOR BATHROOM, for Pete's sake. Don't tell us where the line gets drawn on what's ridiculous.) Anyway, the plastic inserts are a tight enough fit they require a little mallet tapping to get in and they stay up there all the time even when driving, and she just puts up the hooks and lights after we've set up camp. To be clear, the lights and disco ball do not create shade or deter insects. They're just cool. I'm sure you could also use the hooks to display your extensive collection of bird feeders, wind chimes, or hang the dressed bodies of the slain mice your dog catches. We do us; you do you.

1689204909441.png

Last edited:

marlana80

If you leave the water tank valve position lever (under the mattress) in the middle position, it will feed/Fill from both front and rear tanks. It will gravity fill/bleed over to equalize both tank levels over time (in minutes).
If you only want to use/Fill the front tank, position the feed lever to the front tank only position and fill the front tank port.

This same procedure also applies to the rear tank, position the feed lever to the rear tank only and fill the rear tank port.
How do I figure out what tank I'm filling or drawing from? There's a 3 position valve with arrows, but the handle is on backwards, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven