OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

marlana80

What are people using for storing their trailers under? I'm in New England, so have to deal with 90°F days with 95% humidity summers, 60mph wind gusts during nor'easter winter storms, and mild-to-moderate snow load. I was thinking of trying this https://www.shelterlogic.com/garage-in-a-box-suv-truck and seeing if I could put some 8"x10" timbers underneath the frame to raise it up a bit. That way I can open the roof a bit so its not always folded/creased.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

What are people using for storing their trailers under? I'm in New England, so have to deal with 90°F days with 95% humidity summers, 60mph wind gusts during nor'easter winter storms, and mild-to-moderate snow load. I was thinking of trying this https://www.shelterlogic.com/garage-in-a-box-suv-truck and seeing if I could put some 8"x10" timbers underneath the frame to raise it up a bit. That way I can open the roof a bit so its not always folded/creased.

One concern is potential snow load.

AMMO461

How do I figure out what tank I'm filling or drawing from? There's a 3 position valve with arrows, but the handle is on backwards, I think.
There should be a laser cut arrow in the 3 position valve handle. Pointing to rear (rear tank), pointing to front (front tank) positioned in middle (dual feed) both tanks will be used. Verify handle position and water usage by looking at corresponding tank level meter to see if the handle is installed backwards.

gendlert

There should be a laser cut arrow in the 3 position valve handle. Pointing to rear (rear tank), pointing to front (front tank) positioned in middle (dual feed) both tanks will be used. Verify handle position and water usage by looking at corresponding tank level meter to see if the handle is installed backwards.
Easy test to see if it's installed backwards: put it in the middle where it should be pulling from both. If it's installed backwards, no water will come out. If it's installed correctly (and you have water in both tanks), you'll be able to wash your hands.

PNWOutdoor

Any help / advice on a good strong mounting solution for bikes on the front of my Dweller 13, would like to use my existing rack (Ridekac) i have looked at the hitch mount brackets but seems to mount way too forward … would like to find a way to mount it more over the tool box.

Attachments

• IMG_4947.jpeg
    IMG_4947.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4945.jpeg
    IMG_4945.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29

WillySwan

Any help / advice on a good strong mounting solution for bikes on the front of my Dweller 13, would like to use my existing rack (Ridekac) i have looked at the hitch mount brackets but seems to mount way too forward … would like to find a way to mount it more over the tool box.
Look at my posts #95 and #96 in this thread. I’ve had this set up for a couple of years and driven with it over many miles of rough road. It has worked out great.

IMG_9582.jpg

Last edited:

tjtx

A few questions about the corner jack upgrade. Did you use the 33" model on all four corners? Did the new ARK jacks bolt onto the existing brackets? In other words, was it just a matter of removing the two bolts holding each jack in place and bolt the new jacks in?
Sorry, I didn't see this until just now, I used the 25" model on all four corners, and they do just bolt into the existing brackets.

tjtx

Anyone have problems with the little sliding plate on the fresh water cap's lock? One of mine won't budge unless I pry it with a blade:
View attachment 785981
Tried a bit of lubricant, but it didn't do anything. The internal spring still seems to work, because it'll slide back. It's just that a key won't move it out of the way.
I did have an issue with the factory one, and it devolved into it just working with a screwdriver and I couldn't actually open it any more with a key. I picked up a replacement on amazon for cheap and use it instead, it's the same cap/etc:

rblitz

I did have an issue with the factory one, and it devolved into it just working with a screwdriver and I couldn't actually open it any more with a key. I picked up a replacement on amazon for cheap and use it instead, it's the same cap/etc:

I see a colon as if you were posting an associated link to the product you purchased, but it's not rendering. Can you try again? Tx.

Flettrich3

Someone please help. I got into my trailer which I received yesterday, and powered it on. All was good for about 10 minutes then the power went off. I mean all power is gone. Not even the stairs are working. It was fully charged. Is there a fuse box or breaker box? I looked but can not find. Oh this is on the Dweller 13. I have tried the obvious AC breakers, but see nothing else.

Last edited:

PNWOutdoor

Question, I’m thinking of putting the heavy duty ARK corner stabilizers on my dweller 13 … do i use the 25” or 33” model ? Can’t figure the length off my old ones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal