OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

CowboyKyle

I agree with your assessment of the value of reading everything and likely will do that. As with most forums for me, the more I read, the more I know, but the less clear the big picture is. Throughout the comments there are people highly discouraged by fixable issues, people who hate this camper but don’t even have one, people who love the camper unconditionally, and everything between. There are also some very pragmatic voices (cowboy and gendlert among others) on the highs and lows. I was hoping to get a feel from those that have the camper whether the issues they encountered outweigh what they like about it and if they would buy it again knowing what they know now.
Let me state unequivocally, and for the world to see and the world to know:

As of the time of this writing, i would buy this trailer again. Without a doubt.

That being said, I'd be inclined to forego the traditional dealer process, the laughable warranty and either find one second hand or at auction. You could save a more than respectable chunk of cash in the process.

lostoldtruck

Thanks for taking the time to reply Cowboy. As a guy who has always camped in the dirt and is new to campers, there is a lot to wade through out there.
I purshased a Dweller 15 june 2023. have used it about 15 nights so far, before they started selling direct . I have had a few issue with the trailer. but with all the little things that have happen i would purchased the dweller again. it helps if you are handy fixing things.

S J

I will be heading down to obi in Mesa az in early November. They will be replacing / or repairing roof, from the stress crack.

Do any of you guys use tank heaters ?
If so which ones ?

Or maybe you are lucky and live in warm climates.

Thx

S J

Anyone know what the heck this little green thing is ? Even obi does not know. The dealership does not know, I have seen it in other dealerships front storage area of the obi dwellers etc... It seems like something for helping to connect to the Mchitch or something. But there is no place it seems to go.

Thx

Attachments

• IMG_3426.JPG
    IMG_3426.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 25
Anyone know what the heck this little green thing is ? Even obi does not know. The dealership does not know, I have seen it in other dealerships front storage area of the obi dwellers etc... It seems like something for helping to connect to the Mchitch or something. But there is no place it seems to go.

Thx
Just found out it is for inserting into the the end of your awning to adjust it's stops, both in and out. It's basically a hex wrench. On a recent camp trip, our awning stopped going in all the way. I disassembled the whole right-hand side end cap assembly before reading the manual, then put it all back together, found the two plugs in the holes and used a hex wrench to fix the problem in a few seconds.

Fcmalie

Have a question for those of you that have set up alternator charging and portable solar. I have a RedArc DCDC charger that I had planned to use for another project. Where would be the best place to put the RedArc unit? Near the batteries or in the front box?

S J

Just found out it is for inserting into the the end of your awning to adjust it's stops, both in and out. It's basically a hex wrench. On a recent camp trip, our awning stopped going in all the way. I disassembled the whole right-hand side end cap assembly before reading the manual, then put it all back together, found the two plugs in the holes and used a hex wrench to fix the problem in a few seconds.
Sweet, thx ! It kind of befuddled me Obi did not even know what it was.

Sweet, thx ! It kind of befuddled me Obi did not even know what it was.

BTW, is there no manual override on these awnings? When our's first would not go in and a strong wind was expected, I looked in the manual for an override, but there doesn't appear to be one.

Fisher160

BTW, is there no manual override on these awnings? When our's first would not go in and a strong wind was expected, I looked in the manual for an override, but there doesn't appear to be
I bought a D15 today. On our walk through Jeff pulled out a 3 foot brace and bit looking hex key that inserted from the bottom at the front end of the awning to manually extend and retract it. There is a hole in the bottom that it inserts into. The hex key came with the camper.

PNWOutdoor

Did the upgrades on my OBI 13, selling the OEM parts if anybody needs. Full set of corner jacks (ARK) new. Make offer, located in northern WI

Attachments

• IMG_7361.jpeg
    IMG_7361.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7365.jpeg
    IMG_7365.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk