OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

Has anyone else with a D15 found that the cover plate to the Renogy inverter's end plate is riveted to the body (on the side that is facing the Truma?) I needed to get in there to see if the breaker was tripped and found that only 4 of the 6 screws were in place; the other two were riveted. Seems stupid to me because you need to get into that part of the inverter if the breaker trips. My guess is that there was no space between the Truma case and the inverter so a screw couldn't be accessed, but a rivet seems like the wrong solution for what is in effect an access panel.
Mine was not riveted. I had to check the same thing. I eventually switched to a victorn inverter, the Renogy one sucked. I had a solar guy talking to renogy over the phone and they could not figure out the inverter issues as well. renogy, said to send it back to them to evaluate and if THEY deemed the inverter unfit they would give me a new one. i have not bothered to return to renogy. Felt like it was a waste of time.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

There's a lot of stuff people don't "need" to camp, but they choose to have it anyways. You camp for yourself. 🙂 They camp for themselves. Some people get out in the wild, just to survive. Some people get out in the wild and choose to thrive. Different strokes for different folks.

Very true my bad. I am just lucky I don't need AC were I camp. So many folks that live in hot climates go to great lengths and expensive to have that 75 degree temps inside there trailers. I just thought in a place like Lake Tahoe you wouldn't need it.

Suns_PSD

I'm in to splitting the difference between the absolute comforts of home and the total misery of being in a tent on the ground. Generally, use exercise and alcohol to improve my sleep in mildly uncomfortable conditions. Or even comfortable situations!

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I'm in to splitting the difference between the absolute comforts of home and the total misery of being in a tent on the ground. Generally, use exercise and alcohol to improve my sleep in mildly uncomfortable conditions. Or even comfortable situations!

I didn't mean to judge my man. I just can't stand the noise and coldness of AC even in my house let alone camping. I am just an old mountain hippie.

Xid_az

Has anyone else with a D15 found that the cover plate to the Renogy inverter's end plate is riveted to the body (on the side that is facing the Truma?) I needed to get in there to see if the breaker was tripped and found that only 4 of the 6 screws were in place; the other two were riveted. Seems stupid to me because you need to get into that part of the inverter if the breaker trips. My guess is that there was no space between the Truma case and the inverter so a screw couldn't be accessed, but a rivet seems like the wrong solution for what is in effect an access panel.
No, I also had some screws come loose that mounted the Renogy inverter unit down, but I never had any problems opening the inverter's front panel (that hides the wires), if that's what you're talking about.

Happy camper, in garden city Idaho is selling a 2022 dweller 15 for $31,995.00. They are another dealer dumping Obi’s product line. Along with a dweller 13 for $29,995.00. Great price…….

LaBlaze

Thanks for that.

I'm in TX and reached out to them to see if by chance I could make a great deal on a left over Dweller 15. They don't show anything online or advertised at this moment. Thanks for the tip.
It wasn't roa.. it was another company my bad!! They posted on one of the fb groups

Xid_az

mine is a 2022 model Dweller 15

Most of the 2022 models should have had the Anderson PowerPole PP75 from what I've heard. There might have been some early 2022 models that didn't, as I've heard of a few differences in the early 2022 runs.

This is what you're looking for, correct?
PP75.png

Under the bed, on the panel between the wiring block and the water pump, there is a circuit breaker installed that is for that front connector. If you don't have that breaker, then yours probably didn't come with the Anderson plug.
AndersonBreaker.png

lostoldtruck

Most of the 2022 models should have had the Anderson PowerPole PP75 from what I've heard. There might have been some early 2022 models that didn't, as I've heard of a few differences in the early 2022 runs.

This is what you're looking for, correct?
View attachment 840656

Under the bed, on the panel between the wiring block and the water pump, there is a circuit breaker installed that is for that front connector. If you don't have that breaker, then yours probably didn't come with the Anderson plug.
View attachment 840655
Awesome i will look for breaker under the bed , the plug is not on the front . thanks again for your help !!

WillySwan

Awesome i will look for breaker under the bed , the plug is not on the front . thanks again for your help !!

My 2021 D13 did not come with a front Anderson connector. It did have the same 50 Amp breaker which on my trailer was connected to the 12V+ on your 7-pin trailer connector.

I now have Anderson Power's SBS X-75A sealed waterproof connector with 4 AWG cables on both sides. I replaced the 50 Amp breaker with a 50 Amp DC-DC charger. The Anderson connector also has a couple of addition control wires. One is a remote switch for my pressurization blower and the other is an ignition controlled wire which I do not need with my Victron charger.

IMG_4961.jpg

IMG_4959(2).jpg

Last edited:

Xid_az

It did have the same 50 Amp breaker which on my trailer was connected to the 12V+ on your 7-pin trailer connector.

That's good to know. I thought I heard some report getting some charge via the 7-pin. Without anything plugged into the Anderson, but with the 7-pin plugged in to my truck, I checked the amperage at that breaker, and it was 0, so it sounds like it was either for the 7-pin or the Anderson, but not both. Glad to get a correction so I didn't send lostoldtruck down the wrong path.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk