O'erlanderwagen build

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Lights look great, out of curiosity do they have an american distributor/contact, or did you contact Germany directly?

Thanks! From what I know, I'm the first to have these in the States, at least on a G. I found out about them from Robert(Oilworker), so I contacted Germany who put me in touch with another worldwide distributor who was great to work with. I'm starting to offer them through our automotive business and am working on all of the specific adapter "buckets" for Rover/Jeep/Toyota/etc. LMK if you're interested and I can give you the skinny!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Very nice lights! Did you ever figure out an adapter for the wiring or did you end up modifying one side? I'm also curious how they will do in snow/icy conditions. Granted we don't get much of that in Portland but if you go up to the mountains are you concerned about build up since the LEDs run so much cooler?

From Nolden;
"At heavy snowfall deposits of snow a lens cover is possible. Depending on the installation situation we recommend the use of a Headlight Cleaning Device for the NCC 7" Bi-LED headlight, when driving in Snow and Ice."

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Update; waiting for Karl's G-Wagen Accessories rock sliders to arrive. Custom "quilter"/upholsterer is working on some simple items for the interior, LED aux lights might be in the near future to finish this phase off. Stay tuned!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Hey!

What's up with the build...any updates? I'm living my upgrade fantasy through you. :)

Hehe, sorry, been completely bonkers the past few months, especially the past 6wks. Lots of updates to post including many new goodies and custom fab'd bits on the truck---just got back from one heck of a 2wk adventure thru the SW, Nat'l Parks, even "impassible" roads per the BLM(can you say sloppy Utah mud and twice in the ditch?).

I'll try to post ASAP. Need to process all of these pics showing the updates. Thanks for your patience.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Long-awaited update is ready to post....but the UploadPicture function isn't working.
RBA, I hope you don't burst at the seams, or implode. :wink:

Trypto

Could you please let me know where you bought black molding? (Which is inside the trim)
Thanks

Last order of business was the goofy OEM side trim(what were the Mercedes bean counters thinking with the 80's style trim?). I stumbled upon some uber rare special side trim(thanks Chris!!) which I installed. I think it really finishes the exterior off well for now.
View attachment 100168
View attachment 100169

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3