Official Overland Expo 2011 thread: Videos, Pictures and Updates

waterweber

Observer
What an event!
I have never seen so much EXPO eye candy in one place!
Had some great camp mates as well!
Thanks Justin and Fred, Brenton and Shannon, Roger and Paul. You guys rule!
~Pete & Vicki

waterweber

Observer
Also wanted to say that I don't think I have ever been to an event with so many absolutely nice and helpful people.
What a community we have here!

CruiserArtist

Observer
We were there

Awesome event, the classes and teachers made it special along with a very diverse gathering of travelers and incredible vehicles and vendors. We were camped to the left of the green rover in post 132 in the sticks with our SF FJ , much less dirt flying there than in the open and a bit quieter. It is normally not so hot down here (yes we live close by) at this time, but we got a day the temps were over 95 and lots of folks were not as well prepared for that (drink more water folks!!) and the high winds but management did a great job watering down the driving course and roads and paths...kudos to the guy in the little red water truck that never quit for three days!:sombrero:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
It's OK, I checked also.
I like the idea of the blow up poles, I saw the demo last year at OX 10, my only gripe was it is NOT a 3 season tent as being single wall. I called it a 1.5 season tent! His reply to that fact was... leave the vents open so it does not rain inside. Yes, when it is 30 degrees outside... not a good scenario. It would be great to have the same design but double walled. Spirit and I camp full time, (I use a Hilleberg tent), the Nemo would not cut it. I imagine it is the reason they are not using their own tent on that jeep.

PS: love their sleeping pad though!!! Wish I could afford one of those...

Be well... Ara & Spirit
You do realize Nemo makes a full range of tents from light summer packers, to mountain tents worthy of an 8,000 meter peak. Having worked professionally in the mountain guiding and outdoor equipment industries for many years, I'd say Nemo tents are as good as they get, and as good as I've used. Nemo is right at home against anything from Hilleberg, Bibler, or anyone else.

Photos from the long trip out, across TX, NM, and AZ.

I COULD have made it out on this trip, but things didn't quite work out and my truck is currently being converted to 4WD manual! That looked like an awesome trip! Can ya'll promise me that history was made in the "First Annual Overland-To-The-Expo Expedition?" I don't know if it happened like this last year, but this would be a great start to an annual tradition from now on. I have to go next year! I wanted to go this year, even had my calendar marked out last year to remind myself to ask for that weekend off back in March, but oh well! Besides, I have the IH Nationals Show to go to in Ohio later this year. I was planning more for this one as a "have-to-go" show this year. Besides, I get to see some family who live nearby.

Next time...

I don't know if it happened like this last year, but this would be a great start to an annual tradition from now on.

Next time...

I can tell you that there was no "Central Overland" prior to 2011. This was our first.

I can also tell you that we'll be going back, in addition to going to other events, and in addition to hosting our own. There will be plenty of opportunities to connect with other overlanding enthusiasts and industry leaders--locally, regionally, nationally, and yes, even internationally--with Central Overland Travels. It's why we exist: not to show you how we do it, but to do it together.

Thanks for the excitement. Glad you're aboard.

wc

I can also tell you that we'll be going back, in addition to going to other events, and in addition to hosting our own. There will be plenty of opportunities to connect with other overlanding enthusiasts and industry leaders--locally, regionally, nationally, and yes, even internationally--with Central Overland Travels. It's why we exist: not to show you how we do it, but to do it together.

Jesus, sign me up!!! I've seen enough Jeep Jamboree Safari things at youtube to know I want to do this, especially since my truck will be 4WD manual (reminds me that I need to change my signature).

I most likely will be coming through AR, TN, KY, OH (same general route I went on my Family Reunion 2010 trip), though depending on what happens during the planning stage, I may meander about off the Interstate, which is sort of what I want to do this fall. I would like to see if there is a group of Scout/IH enthusiasts here or on COT who would want to do the IH Nationals in Springfield, OH this fall.

Stephanie!!

Ramjet

Explorer
I can tell you that there was no "Central Overland" prior to 2011. This was our first.

Thanks for the excitement. Glad you're aboard.

wc

Can you say Central Overland Expo Oct 28-30?? I can!!!:wings:

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
4-1-11_22.jpg

What car is that? I just can't figure it out.

What's happening that weekend?

The CO Summit. Six hundred acres atop the Ozark Plateau. Rally, trade show, training, presentations, entertainment, food... the works. Direct access from the venue to more than 1,000,000 acres of national forest overlanding terrain. Come for the weekend, stay for a week.

Best part? It's within a one day drive to more than half of the US population. Come see what being Central can do for you.

Mark your calendar and stay tuned. Once our May rally is safely behind us, we'll be both hands on the wheel, planning.

**Hijack complete. Promise.**

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz