Official Overland Expo 2011 thread: Videos, Pictures and Updates

suntinez

Explorer
...or was it?

ironpig.jpg

If it wasn't you, someone cloned your truck! Maybe my favorite Tacoma there, sorry we never stopped by to say hello ... next time, next time.

rmirandayopo

Adventurer
LOL

I watched the speech like a hundred times… and I enjoy it a lot…
Charles managed to have three boys (todlers) and wife and he love’s to camp and cook… :costumed-smiley-007

So, the drawers system is the next level for him, everything in one easy tool, easy to pack, easy to use…

The diversity of materials/budgets that Charles handles is up to each client…
From simple carpet, wood of all types to aluminum covers pieces, as someone else said here, your imagination and wallet is your limit, not Charles…

My personal choise will be stove and grill instead of the sink, so I don’t need to carry lots of water, but I don’t have any kids, so my priorities are different. The gask tank is properly secure and all the hoses lines are using “racing technology” (medical rubber bands) to allow movement and be safe at all times…

There are so many details into that system that is not even fun to write about it…

If you are close by, do an appointment with him, and take a close look, words and pictures are great, but Charles speech, priceless!!! :victory:

Related to the lights stand, I don't remember it... but they had a cool display with many options...

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Charles, loved the slide out kitchen.. never really had time to come play with it.. but was wondering, where does the sink run off go? Do you just put a bucket underneath or do you have a gray tank? etc?

Hawkeye

Observer
Wow guys, thanks for all the love. I would be happy to answer any detailed questions about this or any storage system.
email me charles@warfieldoffroad.com

Here are the basics of the Chef Box.
NL Dual battery kit
running hot/cold water
slide out and cook technology :chef:
8 galon clean water tank
locking storage

IMG_6580.jpg

Hawkeye

Observer
No grey water tank. it has a drain that can be attached to run under the vehical, or you can use a bucket.

Charles, loved the slide out kitchen.. never really had time to come play with it.. but was wondering, where does the sink run off go? Do you just put a bucket underneath or do you have a gray tank? etc?

cbradley

Adventurer
Was rescued today!
And Mario released the latest project from AT!
OVX2005.jpg

As someone who piloted that mini AT trailer for quite a bit this weekend, let me tell you that it lived up to expectations. The golf cart could use some work though. Maybe Christo could prep it for next year?

T.Low

Expedition Leader
******? That's all you got to say?. :wings:

More Pics PLEASE... you've been holding out on us

By far the most interesting pic at the expo so far.. That is unless I missed any T&A pics

Ha, I was going to say "Hey thanks for the detail". :sombrero: Obviously a designer/engineer/visionary, not a marketing guy.

Yeah, I'd like a link to more info, too, thanks.

Topgun514

Adventurer
Scott, did that unimog on page 3 or 4 have german drivers who might have just arrived from Utah? I might have passed them at a water crossing outside Hanksville/ Goblin Valley!!!

Hawkeye

Observer
Mario finally made a trailer that even I can afford!

As someone who piloted that mini AT trailer for quite a bit this weekend, let me tell you that it lived up to expectations. The golf cart could use some work though. Maybe Christo could prep it for next year?

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
I'm glad you guys were taking pics. We were too busy taking every class possible, I hardly have any pics...we will have to steal yours instead :sombrero:

We did manage to stop and stretch our legs in White Sands NM on the way home...
5596000649_ce98698cb4.jpg

As you can see, sadly no one bought the Hannibal Roof Rack :(

The people were definitely top notch at Ov Expo...it was great to actually meet some of the people we've talked to here on Portal. It seemed everyone who taught & helped in our classes took the time to answer our silly little questions, and they all seemed interested in our trip planning.

We were honestly a little skeptical about paying for the Overland Experience Package, especially on our budget. We learned so much over the weekend that we would gladly do it again. It was money well spent! We had so many opportunities to learn hands-on skills (even though nobody wanted to volunteer to get their hands dirty) and Jim Swett (Camel Trophy Ruta Maya) was an awesome driving instructor and fellow Toyota guy. He even managed to get Shannon to hop behind the wheel and drive the Land Rover course. She tackled some fears on that course!
What an event!
I have never seen so much EXPO eye candy in one place!
Had some great camp mates as well!
Thanks Justin and Fred, Brenton and Shannon, Roger and Paul. You guys rule!
~Pete & Vicki
You got that right! It was great meeting you both. We had a great time sharing stories and laughs at dinner on Saturday night...we were a little sad we didn't get a proper farewell before you left, but hopefully you guys will update us after your Africa trip.

~Brenton & Shannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz