Official Overland Expo 2011 thread: Videos, Pictures and Updates

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Fun seeing pics from this years event. I was bummed to miss it this year but with triple digit temps and dusty conditions, perhaps not so much. I was struggling with the 90 degree temps last year. Haha Is it looking to stay in Amado next year again?

The Overland Expo was amazing!!! So many awesome vendors and presenters. World class. I spent most of my time out on the driving course taking the Women out--and the Overland route was beautiful with great Arizona vistas. Sarah Batten & I had the greatest group of Women drivers--as Instructors it is always great to see your students picking the right line up the hill and giving just the right amount of throttle :victory:

A great picture I took from the passenger seat--I took out a photographer who took the Land Rover on a side slope that was about 38 degrees and we sat there taking pictures. It was a wee bit unnerving but thrilling! The rigs are so very capable!

The line up going over the Overland Route

The BBQ at sunset in lovely Amado!

I absolutely cannot wait until next year!!

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 141

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Many, and most sincere, thanks to all who posted and/or linked to the photos they took of Overland Expo.

It is a great service you've done for those of us who weren't able to be there in person and I appreciate it very much.

:bowdown:

VikingVince

Explorer
Can anyone tell me the manufacturer of this awning/canopy/shade on the back of the Jeep? Thanks

DSC_0130.JPG

cbradley

Adventurer
Chris,

Sorry we didn't get a chance to say hello - our team was flat-out the entire weekend ;)

No worries; I tried to find time to come find you, but ended up with every minute of the weekend filled between classes and Roseann and Lara keeping me busy. We'll talk soon. :)

jim65wagon

The truck that wasn't there
...or was it?

P4010177.jpg

Not exotic, just obtainable, and did a round trip of a little less than 4800 miles and ready for more. Encouraging news for those who want to get out and explore.

Nope, not believing it......anyone can do a photoshop....even you T...:sombrero:

seriously how was the ride? still get the mileage of an 80?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
The best part of OVX?

Friends!

From R to L: Robb (Blupaddler) Chris Marzonie (BajaTaco) and I
DSC_02771.jpg

Fine tequilas and beer enroute to happy hour with Al Walter
DSC_03621.jpg

TerriAnn schooling us on all things Land Rover, it was really great to finally meet her and check out that Green Dormobile
From L to R: Al Walter, Herbie, TerriAnn, Robb and I
DSC_02621.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz