Official Overland Expo 2011 thread: Videos, Pictures and Updates

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Friends!
DSC_03621.jpg

LOL, this loaded a little slow on my machine, and this is what I saw....

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Nice pics everyone, Thanks!

What's the story on Unicat? Are they still in business in North America?

A few ski bums and Baja Taco got me into this whole overland thing! Would like to meet Chris some day! By the way ski bums have been overlanding for years!

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I think i saw Herbie's Astro with self installed GTRV pop top, in the background of one of Suntinez' photos. :ylsmoke:

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
The video, above, was pretty cool! I saw my jeep in the background of the LR course. When they covered the spotting I was standing right next to them. I had no idea that is what they were doing, saw them filming of course, but I figured it was just for personal fun. I heard they even stopped by the Muskoka tent for one of the free beers, but I guess did not film Jay... ah well, missed a shot at fifteen seconds of fame... ;) :D

GXV has an interesting new camper. I like it.

208131_10150253344348275_640113274_9272830_990631_n.jpg

198868_10150253344593275_640113274_9272836_2968118_n.jpg

I dono, I found it to be wanting, when it came to the interior. Just not enough there for me, I need a touch more substance than this one had...:victory:

Sure was a blast being there, and I enjoyed meeting people too.

I felt like I needed a second badge that said "Ford Prefect" on there, so I could stop telling people who I was on here... haha.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Yes, he was camped near us by the front gate.

Yep, that's me!

So, it turns out I did I really lousy job of taking pictures this trip. Too busy ogling rigs and gear and taking classes. Here's my photoset, without organization or comment:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mherbst/Overland_Expo_2011?feat=directlink

Note that there seem to be an inordinate number of photos of "details" of certain things. Usually I do this when I'm planning on blatantly copying an idea or otherwise am curious about how something was built.

I DID manage to stop drooling long enough on Sunday afternoon to get my kite rig up into the air and get a few decent shots of the vendor area before the wind got CRAZY. Here's one I'm proud of:

IMG_6840.JPG

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
LOL, Note the rain fly on the RTT in the lower left corner is "ballooning" in the wind... the wind and attendant dust was really obnoxious this year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz