OldSven's 4Runner

Wander

Expedition Leader
Clean work on the CB-CD deck install-It's hard to tell from the angle and that the running boards are off but it looks like the body lift is on-quick work!

OldSven

Explorer
I may have missed it, but why did you decide to install a body lift?

I had the same one on the Tacoma, it is a night and day difference of no fender rubbing. I've beat the pinch weld and trimmed everything in there and still at full flex it will hit on something. This way you are clear and it is only a one inch so the only you have to do is add a steering spacer and your done.

OldSven

Explorer
Thank you Mr. UPS man:wings: Got my sliders, shocks, wheel spacers, brake lines, and my 2.2 pulley! Got the sliders all primed and painted, it goes in tomorrow morning so Jeff can get the bumper built. Man those sliders are beefcake, can't wait to test those things out. I also got the GPS and brake controller hooked up like they were in the Tacoma. Saturday is the big day of lift, bumper, and weld the sliders on, oh and lets not forget getting rid of that big old 3" exhaust:Wow1:

DSC09785.jpg

DSC09784.jpg

DSC09782.jpg

DSC09783.jpg

DSC09787.jpg

Willman

That carport has seen a few builds there EH!!!!.....lol:ylsmoke:

Nothing like seeing a stock rig get ExPo'ed in 2 weeks!!....Love it!

Note on the Sliders: Add gussets where the plates weld to the frame....more beef for your Runner!

:elkgrin:

CYi5

Explorer
Who makes the wheel spacers? I'm thinking about adding some to my 07 TRD rims..i forgot they were 5" BS when I got them. And HD-SKO's? Sexy..looking forward to seeing them on, i've only seen them mounted on one with limited flares a couple times.

OldSven

Explorer
I got them from Trail-Gear. I had a set on the Tacoma way back when I had my 255's. They are 1.25" spacers. I know those HD's are heavy duty that's for sure, they are all painted up and waiting for the rig to get back tomorrow. I also got my muffler today, and thanks to Wil over at SierraExpeditions I picked up my snorkel today too:snorkel:

CYi5

Explorer
I'm tempted to pick up another snorkel as well, except paint it white (not sure how well that would turn out.) I always felt the tacoma ran better and the air was much cooler.

OldSven

Explorer
I'm tempted to pick up another snorkel as well, except paint it white (not sure how well that would turn out.) I always felt the tacoma ran better and the air was much cooler.

The snorkel was always cheap insurance for me up here in the NW, but in the summer the roads to the trails get real dusty so it helps with keeping that junk out of the filter.

Willman

Bring on the mods!!!:smiley_drive:

Sat. looks like D day EH.....

Fastest build turn-around in a while around here!

:Wow1:

OldSven

Explorer
Oh boy, on my way to get it from Badlands in a bit, then a long night ahead of me tonight. Tomorrow morning it goes in for exhaust and then back home to finish what ever I don't tonight. Wish me luck:Mechanic:

OldSven

Explorer
Bumper looks awsome!!! Got the snorkel on tonight, which is about all I got on since the Tacoma one just doesn't fit quite right with out a little talking to:littlefriend:

OldSven

Explorer
I'm beat:( Got the exhaust done first thing this morning. Got home and tour out the rear suspension with the help of Gabe. Had to lengthen the track bar by sleeving it, but miss measured and had to re-do it to make it shorter. The LC coils give you about 4-5" in the rear without any weight back there. Got all of the stainless brake lines in along with the ICON's, Timbrens, diff drop kit, and wheel spacers. Took it up for a night run up at the trail and it did really good (minus the street tires aired up, and missing a rear locker). I will have to say that this suspension setup so far is the ticket. The front obviously goes without sayin but the used LC coils and OME N86 shocks work great together. I can't wait to get some weight back there to bring it down in height and get some tires on this thing and it's looking good.

DSC09796.jpg

DSC09797.jpg

DSC09794.jpg

DSC09795.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven