OldSven's 4Runner

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
Any updates? Is your mileage still looking better? What did you do for wheels?

I went down to a 265/75R16 as well and my last tank was 20.4! I've yet to do a highway only tank, but maybe that means 21-22 is possible.

Applejack

Explorer
Any updates? Is your mileage still looking better? What did you do for wheels?

I went down to a 265/75R16 as well and my last tank was 20.4! I've yet to do a highway only tank, but maybe that means 21-22 is possible.

I'm jealous.

OldSven

Explorer
Been crazy around here lately! Good news, my crazy idea of selling the truck for a 4Runner for future family growth has paid off since we are now expecting a little one in October :av-7: Also been working on buying the fixter-upper house next door to be our own so fabbing will now be remodling for awhile...

Haven't had the runner out much lately just around town but as far as updates go I went down to my buddy's house to work on re-tuning the runner and found out the fuel trims were all over the board. The only thing he could come up with was a vacuum leak which was spot on, I had one out the back of the supercharger where the o-ring was toast. Found out that we could just rtv it so we sealed it up and went out tuning. This thing runs like a beast now, very responsive, more power, and the fuel trims are way down. With going to 265's, new 02 sensor, fix leak, and tuning I went from 12.5mpg around town to about 15mpg and that is all stop and go. Haven't gotten out for a good run up the pass yet but now when I hear people saying they are getting 17-20mpg I can see the light.

OldSven

Explorer
I am on the verge of buying a 4runner. Are you able to pull that trailer off road? Carrying camping gear?

I can, I'm just stock 4.10 gears but also supercharged to I have the power but most without gears and extra power pull them off road all the time.

juicebox

Adventurer
Loooking to buy one just like yours but it has 225,000 miles. Is it worth it for 4500.00. Thanks

That's a very subjective question, and I know you weren't asking me, but me and my 2 cents say that you should buy it if it's worth 4500 to YOU...

OldSven

Explorer
Haven't been on in awhile, been remodling the new house everyday after work, I bought mine bone stock with the supercharger on it with 178,000 on it for $6000 and it was pretty ruff but straight and I knew what shape it would be in when I was done. Really depends on the rig and if you can see the end result in your head, for me I just didn't see it so much hauling building supplies around this much:elkgrin:

OldSven

Explorer
Been nice to catch up on all of the new builds and adventures that have been posted up here over the last few months. I have been remodling a house that we bought back in April top to bottom. We also we just had a baby boy AKA "YoungSven"... :wings:

Can't say much for the 4runner, hasn't seen any trails since this last winter just a lot of HomeDepot and lumber yard runs. Can't wait to get it out and stretch out those coilovers a bit this fall/winter!

1010111457.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

0805111845.jpg

0921111508.jpg

0921111553.jpg

laxtoy

Adventurer
wow, you have been a busy man! congrats on the new guy, and nice job on the remodel, looks very well done

keezer37

Explorer
Looks like a solid, well built little dude. Good job.

I like the house. It looks like it was sitting vacant for quite some time. Removing the large windows was an excellent idea. Really updates the look of the place.

OldSven

Explorer
Well about all I have done was change the oil, and cranked the coilover's down one full turn since the OME's in the rear have finally settled in the front was a bit high.

There is also a car seat in there now if that counts... :cow:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal