Onyx laptop mount

opie

Explorer
I found this doing a search after reading about the Jeniko..

http://www.dura-mounts.com/products/Onyx-Laptop-Mount.html

onyx_mount_7__87693_zoom.jpg

It was $98 shipped and arrived in 2 days.

Its heftier than I thought it would be. Very well constructed and solid. Ill get some pic after I get it mounted... But I think its well worth the price.

disco 03

I found this doing a search after reading about the Jeniko..
It was $98 shipped and arrived in 2 days.

Its heftier than I thought it would be. Very well constructed and solid. Ill get some pic after I get it mounted... But I think its well worth the price.

Opie, How has the Dura Mount worked out for you? It looks like it might be a good solution for DII owners...

opie

Explorer
Opie, How has the Dura Mount worked out for you? It looks like it might be a good solution for DII owners...

Its a well made mount. Sturdy for something like a net book. Im not sure Id trust it with a full size laptop on it. The tough book, at 8 pounds 3 ounces, IMO, was more than it wanted.

Attachment is via a single mount on a nub that attaches via a clip to one of the passenger seat bolts. From there the mount uses a bicycle quick release to attach to the nub. For my truck it was a little on the tall side, so I had to mount it on the farthest seat bolt on the passenger side and adjust it so I only had 1 of the uprights sticking straight up. Perhaps thats why it had trouble supporting the tough book as the nub wasnt pointed up, it was pointed sideways.

But other than that.. Its all aluminum. The tray doubles as a table and even has 4 holes in it that look like they would make decent cup holders.

Id have kept it if it would have worked for the tough book, but had to splurge for the RAM mount for my truck.

TrailTrackers

Observer
{clip}
had to splurge for the RAM mount for my truck.

I know how you feel. When I was conducting research before purchasing my RAM mount for my '08 JK Unlimited, I found that nothing would be as sturdy and reliable as a RAM mount.

Yes, RAM mounts are more expensive, but you'll only ever have to purchase one and it will sturdily hold any laptop you put on it.

opie

Explorer
I know how you feel. When I was conducting research before purchasing my RAM mount for my '08 JK Unlimited, I found that nothing would be as sturdy and reliable as a RAM mount.

Yes, RAM mounts are more expensive, but you'll only ever have to purchase one and it will sturdily hold any laptop you put on it.

Yup.. this thing is a tank!!

Very impressed and I dont feel guilty about spending the money now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal