Overhaulin' (AEV Style) '08 Jeep Green Metallic "Overland" build

Imajeepnut

Observer
Maybe our paths will cross at some point. I drive thru ATL from time to time, but I usually draw a line at Buford...stop by the Mall, and turn around and head North! lol

Imajeepnut

Observer
Well...Duncan came through for me on this one. I asked him for a picture showing everyone who had a part in my overhaul/conversion. It sounded like the guys would rather be wrenching than posing for a picture, but they were good sports and took the time to smile for the camera for posterity's sake! To me... knowing who spent their time and skills building what me and my family will enjoy makes it more special. The provenance of any work of art...be it a vintage instrument or a custom built Jeep, is vital to the history of the piece. So, I want to thank everyone to had a part in building our JK. I'm very particular and demanding when it comes to fit and finish, among other things, and Duncan was very easy going and pleasant to work with. Thank you Duncan for hangin' in there with me through all my questions, requests, and concerns!!

With everyone's permission, I'll share who these folks are in the picture and what role they played in the conversion. That may have to be Monday, but I'll follow up.

MtnBubba

Observer
I have a 2009 JKU with about 22K miles on it. I want to do something similar to what you are doing. Maybe a 2.5" lift and a little smaller tire.

Anyway, how did you go about deciding to do what you did with the older JKU? Did you drive or get any comparison to a newer one with the 3.6l Pentastar? I want to start with the right JKU before I start pouring money into it. I'm taking into consideration the interior trim changes, engine, value of a new warranty, etc. Based on the KBB numbers, I think I could update the age of what I have with the newest features for about $7K? I really wish there was a diesel option.

Imajeepnut

Observer
Sorry I'm late in posting these. My JK arrived Monday night...13 hours after it was picked up! Talk about non-stop driving! It was 11:30pm, so the pics aren't the greatest...

bfr

Observer
Sorry I'm late in posting these. My JK arrived Monday night...13 hours after it was picked up! Talk about non-stop driving! It was 11:30pm, so the pics aren't the greatest...

Very nice! I definitely need to see it before you take it out west.

Imajeepnut

Observer
Thanks Dave! I have a garage full of parts to install now...just deciding where to begin! I'll get a few things on first before I commence with the pictures.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Yowsa!

Just caught back up with this.
Wow! :Wow1:

It looks incredible. The wheel color, tires and stance is absolutely awesome! :victory::victory:

So what goodies have you been adding on over the last few weeks?
I think we need more pictures, just as soon as I get a dry drool towel for the keyboard.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Oh man, wouldn't I like to have a Hemi powered Jeep.

Oh wait, I do! Ok, its not a JK, but it is a Jeep, a Grand Cherokee WK. Love the 5.7L Hemi power, lots of grunt and plenty of top end too. It is a nice runner too, clean and reasonably well behaved. Do they leave the MDS intact when they do the conversion or do they turn it off?

We have a local shop here in Victoria BC that is a reseller for AEV components and even have sold a few 5.7L Hemi converted JK's s well. I will say this about AEV, their products are very nicely engineered and very well made. Now if only they made WK and XJ parts I would rocking them now!

:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk