Overland Expo: North America's First Overland Exposition

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
SOAZ said:
This is a must do for us! See everyone there!
:tent:

Oh yah, bring mountain bikes and dirt bikes. I'll have mine to go out on a ride or two!
Hey Tim, If you can get away from the ExPo for a couple hours on the morning of the 25th, you can join me for the Whiskey Offroad Mountain Bike Race. Two killer events in one Prescottonian weekend!!

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
This is going to be an amazing event everyone - don't wait too long to sign up, because the Overland Experience packages are LIMITED. Overland Experience packages include the camping on-site, the instructional seminars and driving course and the banquet and fun! Day Passes will be great, too, but won't include the classes and driving course, though you can watch.

Check out the website http://www.ovexpo.com

I'll be gone to Baja from 26 December through the 9th January but will be back and ready to help anyone with questions after that.

We'll be setting up a place where attendees can plan pre- or post-Expo routes and social planning. We'll make suggestions, too, for routes.

To paraphrase, this is going to be the start of something BIG!!

Roseann

DesertRose

One clarification here before we get too far down the road:

Overland Expo is not a rally in the traditional sense.

It's an exposition and education venue - we'll have a large service and product exposition of vendors and organizations, and we'll have a really cool driving course and classes and seminars on everything from preparing for a global journey to how to bring along your babies on weekend trips.

There will be on-site camping and lots of evening social fun.

The driving portions will be instructional and for people who sign up for the Overland Experience package.

That's not to say attendees (we have several hundred slots open for Overland Experience) won't be able to plan their own pre- or post-Expo driving routes with friends. We're even going to help you plan for that!

This is going to be so much fun!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I think will be a perfect chance for Disabled Explorers to invite as many folks as possible with mobility issues to see how overlanding would work for them as a way to see the backcountry.

After attending other shows and seeing a total lack of overlanding related stuff I am looking forward to all the cool companies that should be there.

Like Tim-SOAZ said we finally get something like those cool shows in South Africa & Oz

DesertRose

We're very happy to announce that we'll be holding a very big raffle fundraiser for Disabled Explorers at Overland Expo.2009, and Lance and his team will be there with a great camp and vehicle display, front and center. We hope to get a number of folks from around the west down to the Expo to find out how overlanding can enable them to get out and see the world.

Thanks Lance!

milo12

Adventurer
Just signed up, cant wait.:jumping:

Is there a thread started for pre or post expo group trips near Prescott?

strap22

Observer
www.TRDParts4U.com and www.ToyotaOffroadOutfitters.com
Proud Sponsor of Overland Journal

We are looking at our calender and trying to add this to our Events for this coming year.

Scott this is a great idea and I am so glad to see something like this put together. Having the vendors all together in one place (Prescott is a perfect location) to display products, conduct educational training, hands on instruction and socializing with other Overlanders is very exciting.

I will call you today and discuss the details.

Phil

strap22

Observer
Thanks, we are looking forward to it. I still have some details to work out but it looks like we will be able make it.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Sweetie said "interesting" ---- this could be great.

Could we get a few regional stickies for people who might want to caravan to the event? Camping along the way?

This is the overlanders' equivalent to a holy pilgrimage...

jcbrandon

Explorer
Expedition Trophy alumni?

So Lance and Disabled Explorers will be there to represent. Any other alumni from Expedition Trophy 2008 planning to attend? How 'bout from previous years?

I'm working to re-arrange my spring calendar to include Overland Expo. The event schedule already includes at least one organized happy hour. I reckon there will be others, yes? Perhaps Spanish Coffee will make a return appearance in Arizona.

It would be great to see Trail Monkey on the driving courses. And Tony and his ribs. Maybe Jacket will show us how to rattle the bones. And, on and on...

This could be an Up-Yers reunion.

Trail Monkey shows us how they drive in New York:

Expedition Trophy 2008 champion and the bones:

SFDE71

So I have been lurking on this site for a while now, all the while looking for my first Land Cruiser. I had seen the advertisement for the expo and thought it would be a great way to dive into the overlanding thing. But I didn't think my wife would go for it this year since we have several other trips and a new little girl this year.

Out of the blue, my wife calls me at work the other day and asks if I want to go to Arizona in April:Wow1:. After wiping up the coffee I spit out, I said are you kidding me, of course. She had been reading a copy of my Overland Journal and said she never realized how much cool stuff was out there for camping, overlanding, etc. Needless to say we have booked our spot:wings: and will be there for sure. I love my wife.

Matt

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
This is a monumental. A first for the US I think. Thanks Scott & all the OJ and EW team for galvanizing the Overland community to the extent to make this possible.

AT will be there in force with new products (yes, plural) and providing hands on instruction through Overland Training. This is going to be a fun, informative and memorable event for all who participate.

See you there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater