Overland Ready

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Right on glad to see you stepped over from the rockcrawling side like i did.

.. from your pics ..that looks like All 4 WheelDrive.. you know John? Good guy.

SOCALFJ said:
Right on glad to see you stepped over from the rockcrawling side like i did.

.. from your pics ..that looks like All 4 WheelDrive.. you know John? Good guy.

Yep....Thats John's shop. He has done quite a bit of work on my rig...ARB's and gear sets in both axles along with my engine build-up. I was actually over there Friday for a transmission service. He may not be a large nationally known 4x4 shop but he does great work and can be trusted.

I actually work in Riverside and live in La Verne. Seeing that I am re-grouping as far as wheeling buddies (some of my rockcrawler friends fall into the *former friends* category as they did not take kindly to my change of direction), I need to find some local overlanders to run the trails with and specifically, I need to find another vehicle or 2 to run the Mojave Rd with in late October...have any upcoming plans ;)

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Well there are a few of us around here in your general area for sure. A few of us have ran Mojave road too. We'll have to get with each other via PM and figure out when to hook up. Glad to see you use John, he has always treated our family right. Im happy to see him doing well... always was bummed when he left Orange County.

DevEmp

If it's an open invite to Mojave Road I might be able to swing out from Vegas.. If not, no worries. Couldn't find Mojave Road on google maps really quickly, either.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
robert j. yates said:
I actually work in Riverside...

Where about do you work? I work downtown near the County Administration Building and City Hall. Just did the Mojave Tail back in June, great time!

Thanx....I was folowed your link to the rest of your site....envious is a word that comes to mind and I have been on more than a couple of adventures myself. Very nice.

kjp98TJ

Observer
hey robert,
great setup. don't know if you remember, but your old 4" procomp springs are still running very well on my jeep. :)

i too am looking to do more expo/camping type stuff with the wife and 2 kids under 8, and found this site recently. just purchased some 33x10.5 bfg mud terrains of all things LOL. and i have a pretty stock 416 trailer waiting for better mods.

looking forward to your trip reports, as they've been top notch.

It is a small world...one of my best wheeling buddies has a Defender as well along with a Series III Rover. He is in fact considering his trailer options and I keep trying to convince him to talk to Mario.

Ping me via PM and we can do lunch whenyou have some time. My schedule is usually pretty flexible.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
robert j. yates said:
It is a small world...one of my best wheeling buddies has a Defender as well along with a Series III Rover. He is in fact considering his trailer options and I keep trying to convince him to talk to Mario.

Ping me via PM and we can do lunch whenyou have some time. My schedule is usually pretty flexible.

Well at least you have good taste in friends:) Don't think you'll have a hard time convincing him of an AT when he sees yours! Tell him it is a great place to carry all the spare parts and fluids for his Rovers!

PM'd you for lunch next week.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Andrew Walcker said:
Ha, small world! We'll have to meet sometime in the Atrium for a bite of lunch!

Amazing. You gotta love ExPo :costumed-smiley-007

Glad you liked the site Robert. I look forward to some trip reports from you with the new setup (and the happy wife :) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__