Overland XJ Build. Not my first Rodeo.....(video included)

JandDGreens

Adventurer
Just wondering if you have considered finding some two door bucket seats so that you can lay them forward to give you more space?

Overland History

Wanderluster
Just wondering if you have considered finding some two door bucket seats so that you can lay them forward to give you more space?

I have considered it, but haven't actively pursued it. If I see one in the junkyard, I'll take measurements to see if they'll simply bolt in.

JandDGreens

Adventurer
I have a 2-dr and also now have my son 95 4-dr (he wanted something nicer and bought a Ford Edge). I am sure they will fit they have the same base.

jswift716

Adventurer
I have considered it, but haven't actively pursued it. If I see one in the junkyard, I'll take measurements to see if they'll simply bolt in.
They do bolt right in. I took them from my 98 5speed and bolted them into the 2k with the dash and drivetrain. I still have yet to finish it so I can bring it down to see you and pick up that brake pedal :/ too much stuff going on but it does run and drive it's just not finished and on the road

JandDGreens

Adventurer
We bought the griddle but have never used it as we have only started camping more and have been mostly precooked our meals to save on cleaning up in the out doors.

JandDGreens

Adventurer
Ok I was showing my wife what you have done to your XJ. (as we are building a camper out of my son first XJ) and wanted to give her some ideas as to what is possible. As we were reviewing your pics I noticed that you have changed your center console between the seats to a fridge also?

Overland History

Wanderluster
Ok I was showing my wife what you have done to your XJ. (as we are building a camper out of my son first XJ) and wanted to give her some ideas as to what is possible. As we were reviewing your pics I noticed that you have changed your center console between the seats to a fridge also?

It's a Freezer Console. If you sift back through my thread, I have a detailed write-up on how I did it. ;)

onemanarmy

Explorer
made it to the end...thanks for all the updates.

so are you still on track to take your epic road trip?

what is next on the mod list?

is that really a trailer ball coupler on your rear bumper tire carrier?

also, what shop do you work at...part time correct? I've been kicking around the idea of a part time shop worker, mainly for access to the shop after hours.

Last edited:

Overland History

Wanderluster
made it to the end...thanks for all the updates.

so are you still on track to take your epic road trip?

what is next on the mod list?

is that really a trailer ball coupler on your rear bumper tire carrier?

also, what shop do you work at...part time correct? I've been kicking around the idea of a part time shop worker, mainly for access to the shop after hours.

Thanks for following along!

I'm still on track for an epic trip, but it won't be a Pan-American trip. Those details will be up for discussion in a few months. ;)

Yes, the tire swing out on my rear bumper clamps shut via a trailer ball coupler. The bumper was built by a buddy of mine way back in '98 or '99. It sat out in the woods at another buddy of mine's place for 9yrs until I brought it back from the dead and slapped it on my XJ. It's kinda funny, but as many unique mods that I have on my XJ, people always seem to focus on the hitch coupler. :clapping:

I work full time and then some. As much as I share on here, the one thing that I'm not terribly comfortable sharing is where I work. I'm sure you'll understand. ;)

onemanarmy

Explorer
That trailer ball coupler just caught my eye... Whatever works.

I didn't mean exactly where you worked....More like is it a mom and pop place and/or what they specialize in?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner