OVRLND CAMPERS ONLY : Post your OVRLND Camper build here or a link to your build thread to inspire others!

Double Down

Do I want to get the full barn door extensions? Yes, yes I do. But do I REALLY want that expense and the hassle of install? Will I miss my tailgate that I often use to cook on or sit on? Quite the conundrum.

I use it daily to hang out in during lunch breaks and before work when I arrive early. Having full doors to walk out of the truck easily would be awesome. But maybe I'm just being picky.
I've been debating this myself.

Did OVRLND tell you how much the barn door extensions would be? I've been meaning to email them about it but haven't gotten around to it yet

dstefan

Hmm . . . I thought he had that listed in the past. Shoulda checked first. Just shoot them an email. They’ll be happy to quote it.

aaaslayer

question is, what is involved in doing a home install if they're going to ship to you?

Off topic, I was looking to do their headliner kit at home. Just have them ship. Anyone tackle that themselves and how was the install?

Also, I'm open to other options using locally sourced materials.

Currently, my ceiling is insulated and covered in Coroplast. A 4x8 sheet was not enough however, so I had to use multiple sheets and the seam is hideous. I used white gorilla tape at the seams, but it looks horrendous now. The coroplast is being held up with velcro but sags in some areas, especially right now during the summer heat. The velcro holds up well on the frame of the camper, but the velcro part that's on the coroplast, that doesn't hold up as well, so it'll sag. I'm sick of seeing it like that. Was thinking of buying my own stretch fabric at Hobby Lobby or Joannes and tackling it myself. They sell headliner foam backed rolls on amazon too. Anyone here have pics of their headliner solution that isn't from ovrlnd? That's one thing I wish they offered back in early 2021, was a headliner solution and paneling.

Phessor

question is, what is involved in doing a home install if they're going to ship to you?

Off topic, I was looking to do their headliner kit at home. Just have them ship. Anyone tackle that themselves and how was the install?

Also, I'm open to other options using locally sourced materials.

Currently, my ceiling is insulated and covered in Coroplast. A 4x8 sheet was not enough however, so I had to use multiple sheets and the seam is hideous. I used white gorilla tape at the seams, but it looks horrendous now. The coroplast is being held up with velcro but sags in some areas, especially right now during the summer heat. The velcro holds up well on the frame of the camper, but the velcro part that's on the coroplast, that doesn't hold up as well, so it'll sag. I'm sick of seeing it like that. Was thinking of buying my own stretch fabric at Hobby Lobby or Joannes and tackling it myself. They sell headliner foam backed rolls on amazon too. Anyone here have pics of their headliner solution that isn't from ovrlnd? That's one thing I wish they offered back in early 2021, was a headliner solution and paneling.
I ordered my headliner, but I did remove it to install my fan, lighting, wiring and insulation. I imagine it would be a pretty easy retrofit to install one from OVRLND. I am not good a sewing, but if you are, that may be an easy job as well.

montechie

We have an OVRLND camper that should be done in a few weeks that we're super excited for. The guys at OVRLND are going above and beyond doing some custom stuff for us. It'll be living on a flat bed tundra.
View attachment 840935
Excited to see this build, we've been thinking of a 2nd OVRLND build on a full size flatbed or adding a flatbed to our Gladiator. Are you setting the camper directly on the bed or on top of side tool boxes?

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
It will sit straight on the bed, no boxes.

Following closely. I had no idea they would build a flatbed version. Pretty sure the OVRLND is the best camper for the price given the customization they will do. If they will do a flatbed it's a game changer. Anxious to see the layout. Will the sidewalls drop for bed access or just rear entry?

STravis

Following closely. I had no idea they would build a flatbed version. Pretty sure the OVRLND is the best camper for the price given the customization they will do. If they will do a flatbed it's a game changer. Anxious to see the layout. Will the sidewalls drop for bed access or just rear entry?
Yeah I've been blown away by their openness to try new stuff on the camper. They are putting in floor joists so I can put a floor in it and make it a sealed unit unit when it's off the truck.
I'll have a hatch on the passenger side that will flip up and a drop down hatch on the driver side as well as barn doors on the back.

dstefan

They are putting in floor joists so I can put a floor in it and make it a sealed unit unit when it's off the truck
I’m glad you mentioned this. I spoke to Jay when we stopped by in Flag last month and talked a bit about a flatbed. He said they didn’t put a floor in and I was really wondering how they sealed it against water and dust. I get that it’s not that different than sitting on a bed rail, but in some senses it is as water can more easily pool on a flatbed edges. I’ll be really interested to see how this is set up. The raised internal floor is a good idea. As are the hatches, which most flatbeds don’t seem to have. Having to always go in one small door to get something always seemed limiting to me. I also have thought about the door and big rear hatch configuration on this flatbed I found (not mine).

Any idea how much the bed of your truck weighed when removed?

1720110564459.jpeg

STravis

I've thought about adding a side entry door to ours after we get it, but it won't really add anything to the layout we are going for. My factory bed was around 450lbs if I remember right, and my old bumper and swingouts were another 250lbs plus all the weight was behind the rear axle. The new bed ended up around 900lbs, but I added a foot and a half, a rear winch, way more storage and most of the weight will be forward of the axle now.

Spencer for Hire

I’m glad you mentioned this. I spoke to Jay when we stopped by in Flag last month and talked a bit about a flatbed. He said they didn’t put a floor in and I was really wondering how they sealed it against water and dust. I get that it’s not that different than sitting on a bed rail, but in some senses it is as water can more easily pool on a flatbed edges. I’ll be really interested to see how this is set up. The raised internal floor is a good idea. As are the hatches, which most flatbeds don’t seem to have. Having to always go in one small door to get something always seemed limiting to me. I also have thought about the door and big rear hatch configuration on this flatbed I found (not mine).

Any idea how much the bed of your truck weighed when removed?

View attachment 842155
Very cool. Which model was this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner