Panoramic Shots

ssssnake529

Explorer
7483233092_e7b59b32ad_h.jpg

7476850272_12271f4213_h.jpg

markrez

Observer
very large panorama

I created a 360 degree panorama out of about 100 images taken from War Eagle Mountain in Idaho this holiday weekend and uploaded it to Microsoft's Photosynth site.

Enjoy it by hitting the direct link here, or goto http://www.photosynth.net and search for markrez.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
180 degree view up and down for 360 degrees. Impressive but how did you do it? interesting software...

markrez

Observer
Um..how is that you were able to hover in place at the top of that aerial antenna?
No hovering involved. I was standing close to the top of the ladder and I had a belt around me and the ladder for safety.
The ladder in the pano turned out like that since I wasn't able to keep my camera consistent while rotating around the ladder.
REZ_0071.jpg REZ_0071-2.jpg REZ_0256.jpg

180 degree view up and down for 360 degrees. Impressive but how did you do it? interesting software...
Microsoft has a software package called ICE, Image Composite Editor (check it out here)
Simply take overlapping images, drag them into ICE and wait. It will stitch them together and then upload them to your Photosynth account and/or export a single pano image. Sometimes it doesn't work so well, sometimes it surprises you.

Wow, that's very cool technology. Nicely done. :victory:
Thanks, this was my most successful one to date. Even if there are some poor transitions if you zoom in real close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh