Past the point of no return...

Adventurer
Right on! Thanks Tim,
Looks Beefy!
Again another take, on steering shafts. :cool:
I like the the support shaft placement ... does it have a grease zerk?
Can you confirm these part#'s for the u-joints? I'd appreciate it. I'm in cross referencing mode. :costumed-smiley-007
BRG-014909
BRG-013452

The IFS steering box has a 26 spline count... no?

went ahead and ordered the Borgeson U-joints, these part #'s keep popping up in taco SAS threads, so I'm confident these are the right parts.

I can't wait to see your truck stance... I drool just thinking about it.
Whats the ETA on the Alcans?

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I can't wait to see your truck stance... I drool just thinking about it. Whats the ETA on the Alcans?

ALCANs, TG crossmember, spring hangers are all there at the shop. Just waiting for a break in their (IPOR) schedule to get a lift. Doing the SAC only took a few days - it's waiting for the little things, shipping, etc. But I'm in no hurry - this isn't my daily driver.

After that we'll take some measurements and ICON will build us some new rear shocks. The OME N76's won't have the travel necessary to compliment the new leaf packs. I'll still be able to take out the truck with the OME's but we won't be able to really see what kind of articulation we get until the ICONs get bolted on.

Then I guess we'll have to see about some new rubber (BFG MT KM2). I sure hope I'll be able to fit 35's...:rolleyes:

sasaholic

Adventurer
ull like the km2's ive had good luck with them so far. air em down and they take u where u wanna go. ive had em at 7psi in the snow and the footprint was huge and the bead still held strong. i think its awesome ur keeping ur rig so low and not goin huge on the tire size with your sac

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
ull like the km2's ive had good luck with them so far. air em down and they take u where u wanna go. ive had em at 7psi in the snow and the footprint was huge and the bead still held strong. i think its awesome ur keeping ur rig so low and not goin huge on the tire size with your sac

Well... I don't know about low just yet.

Right after the SAC I measured 27" frame to floor - it had a seriously pre-runner stance on the Dakar's. Have to get the rear springs on next to see what we have and then see what we can do to get it a little lower since the front end isn't totally dialed-in yet.

Don't hurt yourself laughing RusM...

sasaholic

Adventurer
Well... I don't know about low just yet.

Right after the SAC I measured 27" frame to floor - it had a seriously pre-runner stance on the Dakar's. Have to get the rear springs on next to see what we have and then see what we can do to get it a little lower since the front end isn't totally dialed-in yet.

Don't hurt yourself laughing RusM...

well ya i know its tall know but atleast ur gunna try to get it low:wings:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I have an update... Ballistic spring hangers are ON! ALCANs are ON! TG cross-member/T-case skid is ON! ICON custom built shocks are ON (order)!

Remember the "magic fingers" vibration I mentioned with the FROR T-case mount? GONE - solid as a rock - idle is super smooth! Now if I can keep from bashing the doors in when I climb up on the lift to get inside...

You all would hate to see this on the road with these 285s - you can probably feel the shame and embarassment just thinking about it. Now taking donations for 35s... sorry, no PayPal.

CIMG0981.jpg

CIMG0968.jpg

Do you think there might be some room for an auxiliary fuel tank there?

CIMG0976.jpg

CIMG0970.jpg

CIMG0971.jpg

CIMG0974.jpg

CIMG0975.jpg

CIMG0973.jpg

CIMG0972.jpg

Note the cross-member mount tucked in next to the radius arm; bracket for the exhaust mounted to the cross-member. Pardon the fingerprints on the skid - I'll address this with the IPOR staff.

CIMG0978.jpg

ICON shocks are 2.5s based on their Super Duty offerings but valved for the Tacoma - should be in next week. Can't wait to take it out!

Last edited:

Adventurer
:drool: ************!
that new cross member is uber beef, very nice, my friend.

first pic, is the truck sitting on the springs or supported on the lift?
In other words.. i'm dying to see the final sprung stance.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Thanks! I was surprised to get the call today - the shop's been real busy and I wasn't expecting to see this much done so quickly. Sitting on the springs - the lift pads are a couple inches down.

You and me both mon frer. As soon as those shocks come in we'll test things out and get some REAL wheeling pictures going over some concrete parking barriers at the local mall!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk