Past the point of no return...

jim65wagon

My 3RZ power will always leave me wanting a little more grunt, probably more so when I put 35's on it.

I think if IPOR can put a 4.7V8 into an FJ55 they can find a way to put one in your little truck! That should fix most power issues you would encounter....

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I think if IPOR can put a 4.7V8 into an FJ55 they can find a way to put one in your little truck! That should fix most power issues you would encounter....

Jim - please - don't encourage them. This build has been hard enough as it is on my piggy bank. Selling my plasma now is just wiping me out by the end of the day.

Oh, you saw that Lexus transplant? Was that sweet or what? How about the 4BT in the FJ60? The owner was in the shop last weekend to pick something up. He's getting like 20-22 mpg from that beast.

Last edited:

jim65wagon

Jim - please - don't encourage them. This build has been hard enough as it is on my piggy bank. Selling my plasma now is just wiping me out by the end of the day..

Please, they already have your bank info on file.....probably only ask about any particular mod just to be polite and make you feel like you are making the decisions.......

Oh, you saw that Lexus transplant? Was that sweet or what? How about the 4BT in the FJ62? The owner was in the shop last weekend to pick something up. He's getting like 20-22 mpg from that beast.

I've never been a deisel kinda guy, but I know sweet V8s when I hear them! A 4.7 (or newer 4.6....or better 5.7) would make any Toy a better ride. Your Tacoma would only thank you. My personal preference would run along the lines of an FJ60 4.7V8 with a 4-5-or6 speed automatic....but my bank account isn't as large as yours.....that's why I can't hang around IPOR everyday!

Explorer
Realistically however, the big heavy V8's would miss the mark. Overburdened and overpowered isn't the way of the Tacoma.

A Lightweight high revving ninja motor complements the nimble athleticism of wee trucks :smiley_drive:

Super/turbo charge the 2.7...

Or

...Let LC engineering reforge its spirit. Don't let them get carried away, keep it under 250hp unless you own an oil well and gear box shop.

Plenty of potential in that motor for something geared to run 75 or less and only weighing two tons.

Adventurer
your selling your plasma cutter? :Wow1: that's hardcore.
I've been a complete baby for the last 5 years, walking around the house saying "plasma" around my wife. And "garage".... LOL
She just rolls her eyes and says.."I know, I know, maybe someday"

I'm not sure I could ever part with one. I'd sell the stove before I sell a plasma. We can get buy with a Coleman stove.. :sombrero:

Do what you have to do. If it gives you this setup... power to you wheeling addiction.

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
Oh no..... :Wow1: If you are looking to change.... will it be in my future? ....

Yeah, I've seen your truck/build thread; it's just a matter of time. Resistance is futile... embrace the SAS.

If I had a company like IPOR near me, most likely I would do it.
But I am saving my pennies for some major mods on my homestead.

I can not wait to see your rig finished and flexing on the trails. :smiley_drive:
Looking great! :victory:

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
...Let LC engineering reforge its spirit. Don't let them get carried away, keep it under 250hp unless you own an oil well and gear box shop.

Dont let LC Engineering touch your truck Tim.... if you do anything I'd highly recommend contacting Tim at DOA Racing to massage your motor - he is the holy grail of Toyota engine builders and is also just south of you instead of across the country. He puts his time, effort and resources into building the best Toyota engines in the country, not a fancy website selling stroker motors that have trouble keeping up with stock rebuilds. I know of many customers who despise dealing with LC and regret ever using their motors due to the waste of money for the performance gained because the grossly over-exaggerated claims their motors never live up to.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Hey Terry! Hope you and the family are getting settled in okay. Thanks for the caution... you know Vince really hard his heart set on spending my money on an LCE SC. Any thoughts on that?

I checked out DOA's website and it seems they are pretty focused on the 22R/22RE and 3VZ. I guess I'll have to give them a call about what they can do for a 3RZ when the time comes.

verticaltrx

Observer
I don't have a whole lot to add, but it is nice to see a Tacoma SAS using Toyota based parts. IMO Dana axles don't belong under a Toyota (I'm sure many will disagree however.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman