Past the point of no return...

Explorer
Karma is a sham.... no way did you do anything good enough to deserve this :coffeedrink:

I'm actually a little bit mad at you for causing all this painful jealousy! I got a bad case of the wants.

You ruined Christmas for the rest of us.

Adventurer
I guess what I mean when I said innovative, is, this isn't a conventional setup as far as Taco SAC's are concerned. They're all crawler based, with lift and crazy travel in mind. I think yours will have amazing travel.. I pretty sure you know what I mean.

as far as staying up, I think you're partially right, nothing like a late night bacon and eggs... :drool:

Montreal eh? LOL.. Are you sure it wasn't the hot women that city sports, rather than the poutine ? :D My neck hurts after a day of walking around that town...

It looks like I would have to drill my engine block for the t-100 guide tube, I'll most likely keep it stock and trim the stick.

Regarding the radius arms. I noticed the short radius arm link heim is pretty close to the frame, I understand why the bump stops are on the frame. How much distance is between the heim and the frame? Will there be enough room for compression if you descend a rock step? I cant see being an issue if you cycle the suspension.
Did you have a chance to cycle the suspension as a test?

LOL... Sorry, I have a lot of questions. :coffeedrink:

DSCF5399.jpg

CIMG0948.jpg

CIMG0952.jpg

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I guess what I mean when I said innovative, is, this isn't a conventional setup as far as Taco SAC's are concerned. They're all crawler based, with lift and crazy travel in mind. I think yours will have amazing travel.. I pretty sure you know what I mean.

as far as staying up, I think you're partially right, nothing like a late night bacon and eggs... :drool:

Montreal eh? LOL.. Are you sure it wasn't the hot women that city sports, rather than the poutine ? :D My neck hurts after a day of walking around that town...

It looks like I would have to drill my engine block for the t-100 guide tube, I'll most likely keep it stock and trim the stick.

Regarding the radius arms. I noticed the short radius arm link heim is pretty close to the frame, I understand why the bump stops are on the frame. How much distance is between the heim and the frame? Will there be enough room for compression if you descend a rock step? I cant see being an issue if you cycle the suspension.
Did you have a chance to cycle the suspension as a test?

LOL... Sorry, I have a lot of questions. :coffeedrink:

No worries! I got you - we're on the same page.

I never noticed any of the women while my WIFE and I were in Montreal; whatever do you mean? :rolleyes:

The joint is close to the frame and it is huge - 3" Ballistic Fab joint - we probably should have gone smaller but they weren't available at the time and we were kind of anxious to get started. About 4 inches between the top of the joint and the frame. We will see about compression in a little bit. Different coils and new leaf springs will be coming next month. There is a mall nearby that has some serious precast concrete parking space curbs that must be at least 5 to 6 inches tall! ;) Seriously, they have a rock garden at their shop they put in and we'll check it out then.

The guys did cycle it in the shop with a forklift when they were building it but I haven't personally seen it yet at extension or compression. They were using technical fabricator terms like "bad ***" and what not, so I have to take them at their word.

RusM

Adventurer
Many other domestic trucks use radius arms too, but most Toyota SAC's seem to use leaf springs or go for a 3-link; and like you also observed are just way too tall.

What? What? Are you still at 27" frame height on 33's? :coffeedrink:
24.5" frame height, leaves, 40" Goodyears. :drool: Face it, you're verging on entering Big Gay Truck Land (not that there's anything wrong with that!)
4.jpg

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
What? What? Are you still at 27" frame height on 33's? :coffeedrink:
24.5" frame height, leaves, 40" Goodyears. :drool: Face it, you're verging on entering Big Gay Truck Land (not that there's anything wrong with that!)
4.jpg

Nice truck - you did some serious clearancing to fit those treads but it looks good from that picture! But nothing says big gay truck like pink struts, too, like in your picture, right? Don't ask - don't tell; I got you bro on the down-low... ;) NTTAWWT

Patience - waiting on the leaf pack and it's going to get lowered some more. I know this is the first time I've mentioned this, right? :rolleyes:

Wilbur

Adventurer
It came out looking very nice. If I had to build a truck, it would be similar!

Now no worries about strength.

Adventurer
That drive line angle looks really good. So does the cross member.

drive line

CIMG0957-1.jpg

t-case crossmember

CIMG0939.jpg

I think he's talking about the skid plate bracket. The bracket is bolted to the frame with 8 bolts, no bushings there. The front look like its bolted to the tranny. I assume the vibration is coming from there. It's hard to tell if there are poly bushings sandwiched in there. Mmmm..... sandwich!
Hard to tell from pics.

54.jpg
[/QUOTE]

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
The middle picture is the FROR support which is transmitting beau coup vibration. The bottom picture is the Trail Gear support which is en route and what we will replace the FROR unit with. TG developed that support in the last few months and it's not yet listed among their products. That uses the OEM dampening mount in the stock transmission location. The bottom picture was lifted from TG's website on a project build to illustrate the difference - not installed on my truck yet. The front prop shaft angle is pretty good helped by the high pinion differential; and if that is later an issue a CV joint would remedy it. Mounting the TG support may be an issue depending upon how it lines up with the radius arm frame brackets... we will see soon enough. May have to go back to the drawing board and fab up something between the two solutions; IPOR will figure it out - they always do.

Last edited:

Adventurer
Ah, that makes sense now.
LOL.. I thought the FROR cross member was mounted and the Trail gear was just a skid.... LOL :p.
I noticed the radius arms where missing, but figured it was a pic from the earlier in the build up. Doh!

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Ah, that makes sense now.
LOL.. I thought the FROR cross member was mounted and the Trail gear was just a skid.... LOL :p.
I noticed the radius arms where missing, but figured it was a pic from the earlier in the build up. Doh!

My bust - I should have explained the TG bracket picture in more detail when I posted it. I was just excited at the prospect of no longer having "Magic Fingers" massages or blood in my urine anymore.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Thanks! It wasn't there the other day... now I know when to expect it in.

Nice - that looks better than the picture in the posts for my application - doesn't look like it will interfere with the radius arm mounts on the frame either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal