Petersons Ultimate Adventure Tundra

01tundra

Explorer
Thanks! I doubt I'm going much past where I stopped it for now. I just wanted to get the intake up a little higher to give me a chance to survive this year's UA. If ARB (or the like) ever comes out with a 1st gen Tundra snorkel I may consider it, but I would rather just steer away from anything over 3'-4' deep.

01tundra

Explorer
Well.....looks like I'm going to be trying out the new Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar tires during this year's UA. Sure hope they do as well in the rocks & mud (and on the road) as the reviews I've read say they do! This will definitely be an un-biased review since I love my current BFG KM2's and have ran a set of the original MT/R's in the past with not so much love. I'm looking forward to giving these a try and hope they perform as advertised :cool:!

Rusty-Ford

Observer
great job on the intake. I just built a snorkel on my explorer recently

As for the MTR's, did bfg drop the UA support and goodyear pick it up? I like the new MTR's and have heard good reviews. You will have to let us know how they perform!

01tundra

Explorer
Got the Goodyear's mounted up over the weekend. The sidewalls are definitely stiffer than the KM2's, but they ride good on the road and are as quite. The Goodyear's are a heavier tire for sure, and for some reason they are taller, even though the 37's are listed as 36.8" from each manufacturer. When I put by brand new spare BFG up next to the Goodyear, there was over an inch of height difference. I picked up about 3/4" of clearance under my differentials, I'm sure the stiffer sidewalls also help. I did have to have these balanced, worst one took about 8 oz. of weight. The BFG's have been on my rig for a year and have been smooth with no balancing, but I've also cut two sidewalls in the last year........so there's always trade-off's I suppose........

I also replaced my 100W Lightforce Striker 170's with some new 35W Striker 170 HID's, I thought my original one's were bright until I turned these damn things on!

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

Last edited:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
You guys went by an offroad shop here in MI right on US-127. One of the employees happened to be outside and snapped pics of you going by and I recognized your rig right away. Everyone on greatlakes4x4.com is trying to figure out where you are heading. I figured Drummond Island. The island is a blast.

By the pics on the blog, it looks like you stopped at General Jim's in Clare. I love that place!

01tundra

Explorer
You guys went by an offroad shop here in MI right on US-127. One of the employees happened to be outside and snapped pics of you going by and I recognized your rig right away. Everyone on greatlakes4x4.com is trying to figure out where you are heading. I figured Drummond Island. The island is a blast.

By the pics on the blog, it looks like you stopped at General Jim's in Clare. I love that place!

Yep, that's where we were heading - had a blast. I spent way to much money at General Jim's :)!

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Yep, that's where we were heading - had a blast. I spent way to much money at General Jim's :)!

Ron Fetter said he tried calling you a couple times but you had your phone shut off. I know Pat aka Ironman that was at Rocks & Valleys and he had his shut off too. As a matter of fact, I am heading to his place today hopefully to have him build me a spare carrier.

Drummond is great. We helped the MI DNR resign a bunch of the trails back in May.

I will be stopping by General Jim's this weekend. I need a few suppies for our trip to the UP next month.

Anyhow, sweet Tundra! Hope you had a good trip.

01tundra

Explorer
Good times! Did I mention how much I hated mud :)?!!!! I spent the entire day Monday cleaning mud out of my radiator and interior, good thing I had the floor sprayed with Line-X. The passenger side is no longer the "pretty" side......lot's of sheet metal modifications.

ua09-1.jpg

ua09-3.jpg

ua09-7.jpg

ua09-6.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

A8.jpg

A1.jpg

A7.jpg

Last edited:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Cool pics! Whre are they it(if you can say)? A couple look like Drummond. I haven't been to R&V yet (going this weekend hopefully) so I don't know what that place is like really. I know there is a good size mudhole there though.

EXP-T100

Adventurer
How are you liken the new Goodyears? are you going to change them back to the bfg for the UA? Wait a min yall ran the UA already wow i am slow sometime lol and not BFG??

Last edited:

Rusty-Ford

Observer
I can't believe you guys were in PA this year... and i was out of the country!
Hope it was a blast!
Can't wait to read all about it and watch the dvd!

How'd the truck hold out? What's the carnage... looked like a mirror broke in the pics but other than that?

01tundra

Explorer
Let's just say it held up a lot better than last year! Yep, my new mirror is now held on with a zip tie........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues