Petersons Ultimate Adventure Tundra

01tundra

Explorer
They did pretty good, but due to the profile of the tire bead, don't work too good with Trailready beadlocks. I watched them on some other brands of beadlocks and they seemed to be alright. The shape of the bead doesn't let the Trailready locking rings seat fully and causes the bolts to shear. You can run a thin aluminum spacer between the wheel and ring that Trailready has came up with and they would probably work fine.

I'm toying with the idea of moving up to a 40" BFG Krawler.

freeze

Adventurer
so the tire bead is thinner than most? Hmm I wonder how it'll work with the Champions' that i've got on the old truck....

Are they really as quiet as they say? Do they hook up well?

01tundra

Explorer
so the tire bead is thinner than most? Hmm I wonder how it'll work with the Champions' that i've got on the old truck....

Are they really as quiet as they say? Do they hook up well?

The bead is thicker than most. They are about as quiet as the original MT/R's, not as quiet as the KM2's or Toyo's. I think they perform similar to the original MT/R's, but there were some guys that really thought they did well off-road.

EXP-T100

Adventurer
Ya go 40's :wings: thanks for all the info on the tires. One would think that they would be able to make them thinner since they are using kevlar.

01tundra

Explorer
Ya go 40's :wings: thanks for all the info on the tires. One would think that they would be able to make them thinner since they are using kevlar.

Trailready sent me some aluminum spacers to fill in the gap so that the lock ring would seat metal-to-metal again, but I'm most likely going to step up to a 38" at least anyways. I think that on a non-beadlock wheel the thicker bead profile would help keep the tire on the wheel.

01tundra

Explorer
How are the tires? I'm about to purchase a set with some Hutchinson's.

You may want to contact Hutchinson and ask them if they've test fitted the tires since they are so new. We had several sets of the Spiderlocks with the GY's on the UA and they didn't appear to have any issues with that combo.

01tundra

Explorer
ua09-11.jpg

ua09-13.jpg

ua09-12.jpg

Last edited:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
01tundra,
The wife and I went to Rocks & Valleys over the weekend for the first time. That is a great park for being as new as it is! There is something there for everyone. It doesn't hurt that Ron Price there seems to be a helluva host too. We will definitely be going back. Met a lot of great people there too. We missed seeing an XJ that belongs to one of the workers flop on its roof by a few minutes coming down The Undertaker(driver was fine and laughing about it when we passed).

I got to see this too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qqKJ2FdG88

Last edited:

01tundra

Explorer
01tundra,
The wife and I went to Rocks & Valleys over the weekend for the first time. That is a great park for being as new as it is! There is something there for everyone. It doesn't hurt that Ron Price there seems to be a helluva host too. We will definitely be going back. Met a lot of great people there too. We missed seeing an XJ that belongs to one of the workers flop on its roof by a few minutes coming down The Undertaker(driver was fine and laughing about it when we passed).

I got to see this too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qqKJ2FdG88

The park is awesome, as are the people who help run it! The Python trail is one of my favorites, it's a tight, twisty trail that I could ride on all day long.

We've been on the trails with that XJ.......

We will definitely make our way back to this park, it has the potential to be a premier park and has the right kinda folks running it.

Last edited:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
The park is awesome, as are the people who help run it! The Python trail is one of my favorites, it's a tight, twisty trail that I could ride on all day long.

We've been on the trails with that XJ.......

We will definitely make our way back to this park, it has the potential to be a premier park and has the right kinda folks running it.

I ended up talking to Ron about the park for a bit and it sounds like it is heading in the right direction. I can't remember the one rangers name (goes by LJLTrucking on a couple MI 4x4 boards) but he has a white Blazer with 3/4 axles under it on "35s. He buried it in one of the few mudholes. Turned out he had popped a tire of the bead. I got to see the old ether re-seating trick done again. He seems pretty cool too. Then again, everyone I met there was!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater