Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
A little side excursion from the Top of the World Highway in Yukon.

P7130131_zpsof4ok7ra.jpg

Awesome, but one critical question: How the heck to you access the stuff in your Yakima box? I've got a variety of roof boxes, but I don't use most of them on the van because (1) too tall, but mostly (2), even standing on my rear fuel carrier somewhat higher than the rear bumper, I can't reach very far onto the roof. I'd need a ladder on the curb side to get to the stuff in the front of that box!

I've sourced a Thule box that's shorter and opens to access from the rear, but it's MUCH taller than I'd like...

Sharkfox

Observer
I borrowed the Yakima box from a friend specifically for my trip so I can't say it was perfect for my needs. We mainly used it for items we didn't need access to very often. Fishing gear, tarps, tent, sleeping bags etc. We sleep in the VAN. It wasn't too much of an issue just standing on the rear bumper or the side door step. The only time it was a major pain was when the awning was deployed.

350outrage

Adventurer
new winch!

Just got my winch bolted up to my home brew bumper and winch mount. OK Winter, what you got???

Attachments

• DSCF0850.jpg
    DSCF0850.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 50

Jb1rd

Explorer
Getting the rack a little more dialed in!!! The back half was originally slated to carry SUP's and the front kayaks, but I have not done any SUP'n since leaving Florida but A LOT of kayaking. I added Thule kayak stackers on the rear to make loading multiple boats as simple and secure as possible and then put the cross bars back on up front and added the cargo box to store wet/manky/dirty gear :) this version of the setup is pretty rad so far but I would like to get one of those cool telescoping ladders so I can easily get to the box!

3f16ede682f11e4a89e2e5536980dc3b.jpg

Sent by magic, I mean come on really, pictures through thin air, MAGIC!!!

Last edited:

Jb1rd

Explorer
I have room for the solar panel I need to install and if it were not for getting spoiled having the rooftop A/C I could def modify the back half of the rack to allow for some pelican boxes and who knows what else, probably just as well :)
Quite a roof rack! You have room for more stuff or another layer:)

fudge

Figured I'd throw some shot's of mine up. Ujoint 6" with a few other goodies. Finished the conversion last winter, been enjoying it ever since. It never gets old seeing the axle in the front! The last step is adding a pop top and maybe that sexy new roof rack of Ujoints!
image.jpg image.jpg

fog cutter

Adventurer
I have room for the solar panel I need to install and if it were not for getting spoiled having the rooftop A/C I could def modify the back half of the rack to allow for some pelican boxes and who knows what else, probably just as well :)

do you get any side to side rocking? and (2 part question) do you have sway bars F & R? (brand?). love the dual exhausts!

fudge

^ What do you use to block out your rear windows? Nice van BTW.

Reflectix Insulation (painted white) trimmed to fit each window with some velcro around the edges to hold in place. Super cheap and made a massive difference in the vans cooling ability. It was kind of a quick fix for a beach trip. Not sure if Im going to leave it on or not.
image.jpg

Jb1rd

Explorer
Yes, she swerves like a drunken sailor, no sway bars. I have been on again off again with this project. Not doing anything with the suspension until I am reasonably certain I am keeping the beast. (the exhaust was that way when I bought it)

do you get any side to side rocking? and (2 part question) do you have sway bars F & R? (brand?). love the dual exhausts!

martell06

Observer
Found this 93 Quigley in CA back on April for a steal. Cargo van, 4.9, C6, 8 lug Dana 44. The china aluminum wheels have kind of grown on me and I can't afford to replace them so they will probably get a coat of black or charcoal Plasti Dip. Not a fan of the sliding door but it was too cheap to pass up. Put a quick interior in it and did a couple beach trips before moving up to Montana where I've been trying to camp as much as I can.

11391347_10101738796260542_7470821108857926032_n.jpg

Attachments

• 11942320_10101852040523132_2613787369970595134_o.jpg
    11942320_10101852040523132_2613787369970595134_o.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 53

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater