Pics of your VAN! Post up!

JMyerz

Adventurer
I hope T.Low doesn't mind. I took his already bitchen Van and put a few touches on it in photoshop. Slow day :sombrero:

Justin

Attachments

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 591

Railvan

Adventurer
Nice work on T.low's van! That's funny as I did a similar Photoshop job a while back to show him that the lower panels, bumpers and wheels should be black! Just looked for it and found that photo again on page 11 of this thread! HA! Still haven't convinced him though.

Brian Rutherford

Last edited:

warrior1

this is slightly off topic, but i saw t. lows van the other day in a four wheel magazine. they did an article on expedition vehicles. now, after spotting his, i have been on the hunt for my own awd astro to turn into a camping rig. thanks for the inspiration t. low!

digitaldelay

Explorer
this is slightly off topic, but i saw t. lows van the other day in a four wheel magazine. they did an article on expedition vehicles. now, after spotting his, i have been on the hunt for my own awd astro to turn into a camping rig. thanks for the inspiration t. low!

Try to look for a 2003-05 model year. They have 16" wheels instead of 15", along with bigger, better brakes.

Jason

warrior1

Magazine article

T.Lows van is in the July 2009 4Wheel and Off Road (VOL 32 NO. 7)

the article breaks down a few expedition rigs, by price and size. probably nothing new to the readers of this forum, but interesting to me. and it got me on this path for an Astro.

you might also be able to find it @ www.4wheeloffroad.com

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I hope T.Low doesn't mind. I took his already bitchen Van and put a few touches on it in photoshop. Slow day :sombrero:

Justin

Looks awesome Justin! Now can you please photoshop a welder into my garage?!!

Thanks for the good words, guys. The van has been a blast, even more so than we ever thought it could be.

A combination of factors have made it difficult to prioritize a complete interior build; we seem to haul lots of people more often than we ever thought we would (including seven people with luggage!); the interior has worked well enough as is; I sell building materials for a living so the economy has hit our household hard; and I've spent way too much time riding my enduro this summer and fall.:bike_rider:

haven

Expedition Leader
Here's a cool ambulance conversion

from this:

MVC-512S.jpg

to this:

DSC_0643Large.jpg

The conversion was done by ExPo participant "naterry." His writeup of the project is here
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34160

wikid

Adventurer
I found an ambulance like that for sale with a 7.3 powerstroke . This is what I imagined it looking like, when done. It was only 5700.00 with 80,000 miles on it, but I couldn't afford to get it. I will have one, some day:smiley_drive:

rfoubi

Observer
DSC_2303.jpg

DSC_1683.jpg

DSC_1776.jpg

DSC_2204-1.jpg

Heres some shots of my rig from a recent trip to Baja. From Canada down to mainland mexico and back up the length of the Baja peninsula. 13000km. Its cool to see all the variety of vans on here. You just cant beat the van body for utility! Lets see some more vans too, i know there must be some more VWs, Delicas, SMBs, toyotas, whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal