Pics of your VAN! Post up!

vampli

Mitsubishi L300 4x4

Hello everyone

Just want to show you my expedition van. It's a Mitsubishi L300 from -93 with a 2,5 Td.
2 people can sleep inside.
IMGP0316.jpg

IMGP0320.jpg

IMGP0318.jpg

It has a selfmade roof rack and sparetyre mount.
It,s nearly done inside.
IMGP0299.jpg

IMGP0310.jpg

IMGP0312.jpg

I have some small modifications left before i'm done. Inside i have a 230 v generator (770 w) and a 12 V aircompressor. And everything else needed for the comfort.

769037-jpg.jpg

mine200871-1.jpg

587797920_Big.jpg

ORI_botte.jpg

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator

Oooh. I like that side-drawer idea. I might have to borrow that for my Astro project.

Still trying to decide how to handle the rear seating due to seatbelt placement, etc., but if I end up ditching the stock rear seat, that drawer is killer.

Adventurerider

Adventurer
Super cool rig, I really dig the drawer and the set up!!! Would you mind posting some info on the grill & stove set up, I'm looking for something small and super portable to store in our van in a cabinet I'm building for the rear door. It looks like that might work out perfectly!!!
Thanks

Last edited:

vampli

Hello and thank you

The grill is made by Primus.se from Sweden. I paid 115 USD for it. Here's a link in english
http://www.primus.eu/templates/pages/3_cols_white_middle.aspx?sectionid=5888
Vidar-bbq-440010-food_400x400.jpg

It runs on a small propanbottle that's only cost about 3 USD and it last about 2,5 hours.
220893_Casette_gas20CO3_400x400.jpg

The stove runs on the same canister and is very cheap, about 16 USD but it has no flame guard so don,t use it inside. The same goes for the grill.
PRIMUS have dealers in USA and Mexico, but i couldn't find the grill on their web site. Maybe you can give them a call. You can also buy a plate for the stove that turns it into a grill (11 USD)
If any of you here on ExpeditionPortal is going to Iceland from july 6 to july 22 i can take with me a stove or grill if you can by the canister in your area.
Hope this was of any help....

Lars Erik Vampli

Last edited:

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Can I have a 4x4 Dodge Van... but can ya SUPERSIZE that?

Well,
Here is the story...
Have been looking for something Cool/Interesting/Wild to do beach weekends and longer trips in with my GF and 2 big dogs...
I think I found it.... Not mine in name yet, but I have a "Gentlemans agreement" with the owner.. I think this belongs here... and its Dodge Van based.... 4 wheel drive, and lifted...

Interested to know what you all think...

van4.jpg

van5.jpg

Van11.jpg

Last edited:

Scott39

Adventurer
Well,
Here is the story...
Have been looking for something Cool/Interesting/Wild to do beach weekends and longer trips in with my GF and 2 big dogs...
I think I found it.... Not mine in name yet, but I have a "Gentlemans agreement" with the owner.. I think this belongs here... and its Dodge Van based.... 4 wheel drive, and lifted...

Interested to know what you all think...

van4.jpg

Nice Van, I would love to have it. All it needs, is an 12valve Cummins Diesel in it!

dsw4x4

Adventurer
That thing is cool if it were me I would make the top pop up put it on some 38s, six wheel drive and yes a cummins!!!

hojhauler

Observer
Man that thing is awesome (for its intended purpose that you stated)

but I see a lot of worry about de-sanitizing an ambulance box....it seems you got a lot of cleaning to do b/c we know there has to have been a lot of 'stabbin in the back of that cabin'

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Yeah, its cool!
I agree with you on the diesel option.... and the 6x6 conversion...
Here is a company that makes what I would need...
http://www.startrackstrucks.com/6x6trucks.html

It has a 360 at the moment.. so it needs the 60 gallons onboard!

It was not an Ambulance... I was custom built for an Disabled Engineer in the late 70's to allow him to tow and Tour the country.
Comes complete with a wheelchair lift, and hand controls!

How can you make the top lift?

Last edited:

Photog

Explorer
That is a very cool and looonnnggg van.:)

It would be helpful if that rear axle had steering (like front). Just set the tie-rod up with a set of centering springs, to allow it to follow the vehicle around corners. Otherwise you will be forever scuffing tires when turning corners. Scuffing will destroy tires, as it does on duel-axle trailers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal