rqo11P7l.jpg

Michal740

Wow, so many postings.

Thought I'd add a few shots of where you can go and what can happen:

IMG_20771_zpsqw0txvma.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

What happened? It looks like the tire blew up going highway speed. Thats a lot of damage. Tire blow out is something I fear in the lifted van!

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
70 mph on US Highway 6 in Railroad Valley. It blew suddenly, sounded like the whole back end fell out. It was a lonely tire change. It was also about $5,000 damage when all was done. Fortunately, I have a friend who works on vintage and high end cars. who was willing to straighten out the body without using Bondo.

IMG_23261_zpsl0auz7gj.jpg

IMG_2330_zpsqtr8uwdr.jpg

IMG_2329_zpsgit4hngd.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Michal740

Glad no one got hurt in that. Like I said,blowout on the van scares me and hope to never have one. Its also noce to see someone with the skill to repair panels the proper way!

ben2go

Adventurer
View attachment 427131View attachment 427132View attachment 427133View attachment 427134View attachment 427135View attachment 427136View attachment 427137View attachment 427138
Truly one of a kind, was part of a correctional facility fleet, interior in the back is all caged in with wire mesh. Conjures images of bears and zombies clawing at the glass. I installed 2" lift springs, shocks, 265 Cooper AT3 tires, this van is huge, like 6'4" inside and makes a lot of shade. Has 81K miles, a late model wheelchair lift, floor brackets for more seat and tie down brackets for moto toys, would make an awesome motovan, adventure/camper van etc. I really wanted to build the interior on this van but new a house comes first, just posted it on ebay... cant keep them all right...

Out of curiosity, what driveline does that van have and what's your asking price? My imagination is going wild with build ideas.

WVI

Adventurer
THAT is so cool!
Had one while in Kuwait. It was our admin vehicle...drove it any chance I could!

Last edited:

ben2go

Adventurer
As seen in St Elmo, Colorado

I know where one of these old milk vans is in SC. It's for sale too. It's in rough shape tho. Someone started to turn it into a hotrod and then bailed. I assume the current owner bought it thinking he could make a dime off of it. It's now yard art.

Mmm pie

Observer
Looks to be rust free!

Just picked up my Christmas gifts...
2iayell.jpg

25fkd2u.jpg

otnbet.jpg

Thanks Chris!

Going on this:
3012elc.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics