Pookie's Willys MBT thread

pookie

Observer
TN4x4Xterra-- I missed your post. I've only been in Knoxville a short time, so I haven't gone many places. I've camped at Lotterdale Cove, which is a small state owned campground. Lots of campers, but its close to our house so for a quick trip, like an overnighter, its nice.

And I've camped out at Indian Boundary. I like this one better, but its further from the house, and really only worth it if we go for more than one day. The primitive campground is usually pretty quiet, and just off the lake. Plus there is a path around the lake, and a there is a trout stream near by.

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
Crush, thanks. Where in NC are you? I went to school in Boone.

I live in Charlotte, I've been sking in the Boone area. The reciever on the back will serve several uses both now and unseen ones in the future. Also as Mark said a 2" reciever in the front will give you several options for towing and you can put an extention on it if you need it.

Last edited:

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
IMHO... I'm not one to give unsolicited advice... but if I own a trailer like yours, with most of the original parts, I'd restore it to WWII specs.
There is real value that collectors will pay for these old trailers.

http://www.jeepdraw.com/TRAILER_PART_COLOURS.htm

The Tub can be replaced for $950.00

https://www.vintagejeeps.com/c-24-24-trailers.aspx

1692.jpg

wwii_Jeep_Trailer_before_after.jpg

https://www.dlbensinger.com/product_info.php?cPath=51_69&products_id=1140&osCsid=717946b8c41790a3d89a1faedbeba43b

lunette%20eye.jpg

pookie

Observer
McZippie-I'm not really sure what I am going to do with it yet. I got it for an ok price $600, and some parts have already been modded, the tailgate being the big one, and the lunnette, for another. Plus, the parts that its missing, lights, parking brake cables, all that starts to add up rather quickly.

Right now I'm going to use it and keep thinking about what I want to do.

I have a suggestion 4" lift and 33-35's on the Jeep and that should level things. Looks like you are using the trailer and that is the most important thing. Looks perfect to me. :)

The Raven

I have one of these too and have been trying to find a way of leveling it with my Rubicon.....and no I dislike a jacked up jeep so that is not an option.

Regarding "collectors" that is a long drawn out messy discussion. I have the MB to match and not a fun experience with those folks.

pookie

Observer
So the trailer hasn't changed much. I did swap the axle to a wider one wth a 5x4.5 bolt pattern to fit the white TJ but I still have the original and the original wheels

The white TJ is totaled and I just purchased a 83 CJ7. I'm having a hard time modifying this 1942 trailer to a off road trailer. Internally I'm having issues modifying something from 1942 when I know there are collectors who need these to pull behind their MB restorations.

What are ya'lls (I'm in TN I can say that) thoughts l on keeping this trailer and modifying it vs. selling/trading it and getting a different one to use as my off road build?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk

Members online