Post Pic's of your Jeep

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
OKRCON said:
Looks like a solid setup for long trips in an LJ. I don't think I have seen that rack before. Looks like a good one.

its a kargomaster "congo cage" rack base. he's mounted an aluminum atv ramp in its unfolded position, on top of it.

good setup. its what i have too.

kargomaster's rack basket leaves something to be desired, so i'm working on a custom setup, too.

here's some pics of the setup i'm working on.

IMGP5503.jpg

IMGP5504.jpg

IMGP5507.jpg

i had the basket on the front and was getting so much wind resistance, i decided to switch it to the back, i don't feel it/hear it at all back there. i'm going to install the same type of carrier or a atv ramp(also aluminum) in front of the basket for flat storage of camping gear. (tables,chairs,screen tent, etc.)

i just recently installed the shovel/axe mount and feel like it has some great
advantages mounted there.

-its outa the way
-two heavy/dangerous items are outa the truck
-the bracket actually adds structural strength to the basket
-during most of the day, its shaded from
the sun(i always have to park facing south=shade on back of truck)
-an added plus is that my wife isn't pissed becuase i drilled a hole in my "bank-owned" truck.

Last edited:

dsy

Adventurer
Heres my rig

paintedtopsidemv1.jpg

Engle fridge mounted full time with 2nd deep cell batt underneath serviced
by Hellroaring isolator.

passsiderearbi6.jpg

driverssidefridgeta5.jpg

diehardvt9.jpg

Laptop stand for GPS / Terrain Navigator Topo maps

passsidefrontni9.jpg

maptechtopo2fd0.jpg

and one shot from our 6,000 mile run last summer

brokenarrowrr9.jpg

:camping:

Last edited:

TheGillz

Explorer
Dang that is a sweet set up. Where did you get that laptop stand? I am also planning a 6k mile trip for aug. Any advice? Go here if you have any tips for us. I love the powerplant, that is planned for my jeep someday...

DSC03717.jpg

DSC03718.jpg

dsy

Adventurer
BigAl said:
Great jeep:victory: , what's going on with the storage area cover? Is that plywood? Do you have any other pics of the storage?
Its 3/4 oak ply with 1- 1/2" angle which is bolted to the roll bar supporting it from under.
The front of the storage area is 14 gauge steel. I wanted some type of secure storage.
When the doors are locked you can not open the back gate even with the top off. Worked
out pretty good for us. You can jump on the top of the ply deck and it does not move.

highliftmountqk1.jpg

rearstoragegs9.jpg

passsiderearseatdownem2.jpg

Doug

Last edited:

dsy

Adventurer
TheGillz said:
Dang that is a sweet set up. Where did you get that laptop stand? I am also planning a 6k mile trip for aug. Any advice? Go

I had to make it myself. I could not really find anything sturdy enough out there to take the kind of abuse I was planning. It ended up really working out nice. I have a pretty extensive collection of Terrain Navigator topo maps that let us poke around.
The only thing I wish we could have done different would have been to have a off-road trailer. The four door wrangler is nice but still not enough room for 3 weeks worth of camping equip and supplies.

Doug

Last edited:

TheGillz

Explorer
My trailer is in the works right now. Look for new custom build up thread coming to an ExPo near you.....

I have wife, two daughters, and large dog, so trailer is a must!
Want to build me one of those lappy holders too?

dsy

Adventurer
TheGillz said:
Want to build me one of those lappy holders too?

LOL, I should probably start a business selling them with all the people that have asked me that. Here is a pic before I had it powder coated. Its designed tight around my laptop. The 15" widescreen laptop is really too big for the inside of the jeep. If I ever get another new laptop it will be in the 12" to 13" range. Uses the 4 inner seat bolts for attachment. Can put it in or take it out of the jeep in less than 5 min.

basesv1.jpg

Last edited:

TheGillz

Explorer
Yeah, that is sweet. I too have a 15" wide screen, so when you get that new smaller one. remember this thread!

Where did you go on your trip? PM if you want to not hijack anymore....

REDLYNER

Some pics of mine-

35" Trepadors, RE 3.5", Ox lockers (front & rear), lots of other stuff :sombrero:

MMM4.JPG

MMM15.JPG

MMM17.JPG

My TJ with my wifes rig (H3 on 35"s)

tjh3.JPG

Annnnnnd a driveway shot:

TJPreMoab1.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz