Post Pic's of your Jeep

AMR

Thats exactly what I was thinking. What if that exact same jeep parked under that exact same tree on the exact same date in 1944?

What if? It's unknowable, of course, but fun to imagine, especially because in Normandy you can do time portals with your jeep such as this one from Rue Holgate in Carentan.

P1010242.jpg

DSC_1070.jpg

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
How come here in the US we can't preserve cool old buildings like that? We don't really have an excuse since we haven't had any major world wars come through and destroy everything so you would think it would be easy for us to do.

c-bot

I've been a lurker on the site for a while and thought I would post up a pic of my XJ. Just got the lift on over the weekend -- OME springs, Bilstein shocks, and JKS disconnects. I need to add some short shackles to the rear to level things out, but it should sit about 2.75" above stock when finished. Currently, it's wearing some 30x9.5x15 BFG Long Trails, but I'm currently shopping for 31x10.50x15's...looks like either the Duratacs, BFG A/T's, or General Grabber AT2's. The Jeep is a '93 Country, loaded with all the options, 4.0, A/T, 4WD and only has ~64k miles on it at the moment.

5361911613_043c5c7681_z.jpg

Poser flex after washing it. Swaybar still connected.
5361913035_c5ff1dda0d_z.jpg

Zoltar

Observer
I wish more roads around here had this sign... You know, I wish any roads around here had this sign, this was taken in Kansas.

5372499121_5ff5380f28_b.jpg

Son-of-Beast

Newbie here but long term offroader.

My current rig is a 2002 Jeep WJ, Grand Cherokee Limited, which is my handle here, Son-of-Beast in honor of my first offroad/expedition vehicle, a '77 International Harvester Scout II known as The Beast.

After 18 months I am closing in on completion of the rig, remaining activities are rebuild the front axle, final winch selection and installation, moving the high-lift jack to the Yakima roof rack along with a shovel/pick tool, installation of offroad lights onto the roof rack, 12V/110V inverter installation and 2nd battery installation (probably in the spare well under the rear cargo floor), and installation of Kennesaw Mountain Accessories rock sliders.

Then I will begin on an expedition trailer with RTT, to carry additional gear as well as my expedition motorcycle, a '90 Kawasaki KLR-650A4.

Here are a couple pics:

As loaded up for the Christmas Road Trip (don't laugh, clothes and presents for myself, Wifey and our 14yr old daughter, for a 2 week roadtrip - that said, they are gonna have to learn how to pack better for expedition camping)
IMAG0247.jpg

Kennesaw Mountain Accessories Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
IMG00241-20100214-1246.jpg

Kennesaw Mountain Accessories Front Wincher Bumper
IMG00288-20100228-0951.jpg

Kawasaki KLR-650A4 Expedition Motorcycle
KLR650-4.jpg

KLR650-3.jpg

Last edited:

Son-of-Beast

Very nice jeep and bike :Wow1:
Thanks. The WJ is ridiculously great for roadtrips, it is comfortable, powerful, and with the Yakima roof rack and HitchHaul hitch carrier it can carry quite a bit as well. Ground clearance is great, steering is smooth, the 545RFE 5-spd auto is a great transmission, QuadraDrive is an amazing system, and the 4.7L V8 is actually reasonably efficient (averaged over 17mpg going San Diego to Albuquerque to Wichita KS and back, almost 3000 miles round trip with elevation changes of SL to almost 7,000').

The KLR has been a great ride - bought it new in 1990 and put a lot of miles on it through several spotty riding seasons. It can handle cruising all day on the highway at 70-80mph and can handle the twisties with vertigo inducing lean angles (it is real fun on curvy roads). On the trail it is OK - I do not treat it like a dirt bike, I treat it, like the WJ, as a trail vehicle, so I pick my routes carefully and ensure I have fire service roads, Jeep trails etc., available to respect my riding skills and desire to not abuse my equipment.

When I add an expedition trailer (currently in design stage), I will have a level of mobility that is almost unimaginable and I really look forward to it.

Love this site, great stuff with lots of inspiration.

duffman1993

Here's mine

Not much to see, got a killer winch bumper that needs to be put on, modifications to come once I get some of that papery green stuff (money!!! :ylsmoke: :truck::Mechanic:

Attachments

• P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    668.9 KB · Views: 30
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    660.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    634.7 KB · Views: 17

Sal-XK

Observer
2007 Commander slightly modified

A few pics from Uwharrie National Forest
XK-Hallo%27wharrie.jpg

Doing a little trail maintenance
100_3658.JPG

Camping at the beach
Beach.jpg

Thought I'd toss a short video in here
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NkIUnaujUo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NkIUnaujUo[/ame]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad