Post pictures of your Land Rover.

Viggen

Just here...
Post packing dry run for next weekends, hopefully, trip:
IMG00072%231.jpg

Viggen

Just here...
OMG that's a huge box up there...

How many people (and their stuff) do you carry around?

3 peoples worth of sleeping bags, tent with vestibule, chairs, fold up sink thing, cots, tent foot print, hammock...a lot of stuff. The box is actually pretty light so getting it up there and down is not a big deal at all. I would rather have everything in one place than spread out all over the inside of the truck. Pull into a spot in the woods, climb up top and throw everything out to the people who need it. System works.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
How's the wind resistance? I can understand how space is at a premium when camping. Anything more than 3ppl and a dog for 3-4nightsand I can't carry anymore in the cabin.

-Sam

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
3 peoples worth of sleeping bags, tent with vestibule, chairs, fold up sink thing, cots, tent foot print, hammock...a lot of stuff. The box is actually pretty light so getting it up there and down is not a big deal at all. I would rather have everything in one place than spread out all over the inside of the truck. Pull into a spot in the woods, climb up top and throw everything out to the people who need it. System works.

Holy cow that box is HUGE! You'd get better milage if you just pulled a small off-road trailer.

Anything more than 3ppl and a dog for 3-4nightsand I can't carry anymore in the cabin.

Yep. Last trip I took 2 weeks ago, I had my fridge, recovery bag, and tool bag in the back, along with a few miscellaneous other little things, and my rear storage was full. And that's in a D2.

Viggen

Just here...
How's the wind resistance? I can understand how space is at a premium when camping. Anything more than 3ppl and a dog for 3-4nightsand I can't carry anymore in the cabin.

-Sam

Good question. Its not that bad actually as I build up to it. If I hung it up there by itself, it would be noticeable. I go small to big kind of ramping up to the box itself. Its a military surplus Zero Manufacturing plastic box (41x 33x 24). Strong latches, weather proof with seals and pressure valve. I took a couple trips and by the time I got all of my and my friends crap inside the truck, I felt like I was on an episode of Hoarders: Mobile Edition. I bought this box and two smaller (20x20x11 and 18x18x14) Hardiggs from a military surplus guy for $180 all in great condition and the smaller ones WITH foam. The box doesnt permanently live on the truck so its not too detrimental. I took a measurement (9.5 feet tall) so I know my clearances and I love the box. I adhere to my dads military view of packing. Through it all in one place and when you get where you are going, dump it out and set up. I now have three military aluminum cots, Big House 4 with vestibule, three sleeping bags, folding sink thingie, three nice aluminum frame chairs, blankets, tarp and anything else in one, easily accessible spot. Get home, push the box off the roof onto the lawn and carry it inside until the next trip.

Holy cow that box is HUGE! You'd get better milage if you just pulled a small off-road trailer.

I dont have a place to keep a trailer and this box fits in the spare bedroom of my apartment perfectly. For me, the drop in a mile or two, that really is all it is, is worth the elbow room inside the truck. I have two Pelicans inside with recovery gear, a tool suitcase, the fridge and an air tank in the rear cargo area. The small section of the rear seat is gone so that there is room for duffel bags/ hiking bags and easy access to them through the door and then get three people in there and there just isnt a whole lot of space left.

salve7

Adventurer
Here is my 2A riding up and down the river bank testing my freshly bled brakes and raisin some hell. I am in the process (SLOW process) of restoring it.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 104

RBBailey

Observer
Its an old Iraqi bringback Soviet BRDM-2 RkH, armored reconnaissance vehicle.

You should definitely reconize these other military 4x4's in the line with the Rover:)

041.jpg

My brother was with 3/75 for a couple of years. Nice pose with the hummers and the APC!

UpChuck

Here's mine in Flatland, after a failed attempt at photographing the passing Space Station.

Attachments

• Small Night Rover.jpg
    Small Night Rover.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 102

Donkeyworx

New to the Forum, so I thought I would post my daily driver / expedition ride.
I purchesed this 2001 Disco II SE7 in stock form and made the below additions & changes.

- 3.90 GBR with TruTrack LS: Front / Rear
- Cable Diff Lock (from 04 disco)
- 285x75x16 KM2 Tires
- Roof Rack & additional lights.
- Cut front bumper
- 3" RTE springs & 7100 Remote Resivor Bilstiens.
- 2m/70cm Ham Radio & CB

vmcamp6.jpg

vmcamp3.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

cabell

My 88" IIA at the Mid Atlantic Rally a few years ago.
Photo courtesy of fellow EP member JackW.

Attachments

• 679489090_UHfpA-M[1].jpg
    679489090_UHfpA-M[1].jpg
    87 KB · Views: 113

buyrovers

Adventurer
My newest toy! 84 110 Soft top with a 300tdi. Running built one ton axles. Sterling rear and dana 60 front. Hydro assist, rovertym custom suspension, 37 inch BFG M/T's, and hummer wheels... Should be fun!

C-

Attachments

• DSCN0139.jpg
    DSCN0139.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 148

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues