Post pictures of your Land Rover.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Here is our '95 Disco I 5 speed. Great little truck with a 4.6 conversion, OME kit, and 235/85's that makes it a good compromise of onroad and offroad capability. This is my first foray into the world of Rovers after nearly purchasing a Range Rover Classic back in the mid '90's but sticking with Cruisers. It has been nothing but good stuff so far!

9520_178761247322_560322322_3771654.jpg

MoabwithAlex123.jpg

jrose609

Explorer
Here is our '95 Disco I 5 speed. Great little truck with a 4.6 conversion, OME kit, and 235/85's that makes it a good compromise of onroad and offroad capability. This is my first foray into the world of Rovers after nearly purchasing a Range Rover Classic back in the mid '90's but sticking with Cruisers. It has been nothing but good stuff so far!
QUOTE]

How long have you had this Rover? It looks familiar. Especially with the 4.6. Did you buy it from someone else in Colorado?

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
QUOTE]

How long have you had this Rover? It looks familiar. Especially with the 4.6. Did you buy it from someone else in Colorado?

It is my wife's Disco, she has had it for a couple of years now. It was supposedly purchased from the owner of Safari 4x4 who did the conversion and all the other work to the truck. Do you know any info on this Disco? I'd love to have more specifics. I've been gathering bits and pieces from people in the Denver area and have been trying to piece together a bit of the vehicle's history.

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Photo of my 110, at least.

Here's a photo of my 110. I basically haven't driven it in a year and a half, and haven't even seen it since May. Sometimes I forget I even own one, which is why I haven't really been here much in a long time.

My mechanic sent me this photo this evening "just in case I'd forgotten what my truck looks like" so I thought I'd post it here.

The short story is that I got water in the engine. My DIY fix with some friends didn't exactly work, so this spring it went off to a diesel mechanic for a proper fix. Serious engine work, some welding and electrical work while I was having some work done anyway, a snorkel to help prevent this from happening again, and all I have left is a transmission overhaul and I should have it back in a month or so. Hopefully!

Happy New Decade everyone,
- Andrew.

Attachments

• IMG_0497_1.JPG
    IMG_0497_1.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 120

spikemd

Explorer
2001 P38 Range Rover just purchased

I picked up my 2001 Range Rover 88K miles(P38, Pegasus, New Range Rover, whatever you want to call it..). Brought it home after Christmas. Here are a few pics before any mods...

rangerover_front.jpg

rangerover_front_side.jpg

rangerover_side.jpg

rangerover_side_back.jpg

rangerover_driver_inside.jpg

rangerover_side_incline.jpg

The truck is very clean and the previous owner had records and even the original window sticker ($62,500). Some common problem areas have been addressed and I got a great deal. The drive from the Bay Area to Sacramento was quite enjoyable. This truck rides great and according to the trip computer got 17.6 MPG on the freeway at about 70 MPH(not sure how accurate that is). There are some strong opinions on the P38 model as seen in my previous post before I purchased the vehicle. Personally, I like the interior and overall design better than the Discos. Can't wait to take it offroad.

Last edited:

dcwhybrew

Adventurer
We used to have a 97 RR 4.6 HSE Panther Edition. You cant beat the interior and ride of a Range Rover. Do yourself a favor and keep it unmolested, its a great looking car. You got the preferred trim package in my opinion, 4.6 motor with out the HSE gadgetry. Plus its a BOSCH engine management system, so more reliable than the GEMS. Nice car!

RgrBox

Adventurer
Great pics.. I was up in Wurzburg for the Christmas vacation.. saw a lot of Lands around.. and even one in the exact same color and make as mine.. coming back to Switzerland I saw at lead 20 more on the road..

Don-Pero

Observer
nice... Wuerzburg is about 200km far away form Regensburg, I live in...

In Bavaria, there a realy a lot of Defender driving around. :Astrologist:

RgrBox

Adventurer
Yeah I saw that.. was heaven...

And there are some good trails if you know where to go...

I got lucky this last Summer traveling from Augsburg to Wü. My GPS took us on a cross country ride threw fields forest and ditches.. was great! Then my wife has a look at the trip setting and it was in straightest route mode!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy