Post pictures of your Land Rover.

Green96D1

Explorer
Nice DII G23

heres my D1:victory:

sexylove.jpg

expletive

Heres my 95 DI 5/MT. Bought it 2 weeks ago and took it to Hollister Hills SRVA last weekend :victory:. Great rig, the yota is my brothers, also a great rig.

Attachments

• 4286452847_0c44c16174_b.jpg
    4286452847_0c44c16174_b.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 4287195894_3be6c5754b_b.jpg
    4287195894_3be6c5754b_b.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 4286456743_03ac804f80_b.jpg
    4286456743_03ac804f80_b.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 77

h-block

Landrover 130 in the Sahara

just returned from Northern African desert trip...

Attachments

• TUN_5767 (Medium).JPG
    TUN_5767 (Medium).JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 379
  • TUN_4771 (Medium).JPG
    TUN_4771 (Medium).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 385
  • TUN_5617 (Medium).JPG
    TUN_5617 (Medium).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 322

shartzer

Observer
Just finished with the home garage paint job. I am happy with the results and learned a lot about paint and body work.

Still need to install the rack and roof top tent but no need until the next adventure.

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

Just finished with the home garage paint job. I am happy with the results and learned a lot about paint and body work.

Still need to install the rack and roof top tent but no need until the next adventure.

IMG_1826.JPG

Very nice. Did you spray or do the roll on?:) I'd like to hear more! I like the CT yeller.

Edit: Just saw your paint photo album

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader

I swear the disco in the background looks like a guy who either still lives in Kissimme or did. If I remember correctly his name was Eric, and he ran an auto body shop. I realize there were a couple camel trophy replicas floating around and the likelihood of this being the same is slim.

A

shartzer

Observer
The truck in the background I am pretty sure is a real Camel Trophy. It belongs to the local dealership. It has the interior cage and authentic roof rack so I only assume it is real. Also I think it is right hand drive.

I took the picture because ever since I painted it I have been obsessed with the color being off. The first batch of paint I got using the correct color codes was way off because they haven't mixed this color in decades. The color was only sold in the US on a mid 70s MG. So somewhere during all the paint line changes the mixing instruction conversions got screwed up and I got a bright yellow that had terrible coverage (almost like a highlight). So after a lot of sanding and talking to my supplier we found a Caterpillar color that looked just like Sand Glow using the color sample from a paint catalog from the 70s that MG used.

I think the color is accurate enough. Hard to know for sure since most original Camel Trophy's have been baking in the sun for around 20years.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The truck in the rear belongs to "Doc" who owns Land Rover Columbia/Greenville/Asheville.
It is an authentic CT disco.
Quite an inspiration for your truck, I am sure, and how nice to have an example in your backyard!
Nice job on your truck btw.
D
I swear the disco in the background looks like a guy who either still lives in Kissimme or did. If I remember correctly his name was Eric, and he ran an auto body shop. I realize there were a couple camel trophy replicas floating around and the likelihood of this being the same is slim.

A

leeawalden

Adventurer
Were they trying to sell that CT? I thought it was the Pangea Truck?
FWIW I think sandglow was the name of the paint, but I might be mistaken...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy