My daily driver, a 1975 Series III 88" 2,25 petrol ex-military

Juni2008021.jpg

Fitted with Hard Top for the winter.

DSC_0007.jpg

With Soft Top

DSC_0076.jpg

And when I bought it

Lalobefore.jpg

My former 1985 2,5 N/A Diesel Ninety sold in 2007.

DSC_0013-3.jpg

Last edited:

Stones

Well about two months, but it has evolved over time, and I still change this and that. (can't leave it alone :wings:)

Stones

I'm very pleased with the way Lalo has turned out (my daughter named it Lalo, when she was 2 years old)

adelatoa

Adventurer
Finally posting pics

I am not a newbie at owning Land Rovers. In the past I was a proud owner of a 91 RRC classic. It was great but my trips to Baja in the heat did not stand up to the needs of my Fiance. I since sold that one and now an owner of an '01 DII.

Pics of the RRC:
http://www.adelatoa.phanfare.com/2179152#imageID=31698915

Image-4936703-31698933-2-Web_0_2ba77f326f1b214860b6c2f226e6542f_1

My DII. is mainly a daily driver now since I am unemployed. :D But will not be my daily driver as gas milage on it is bad once I get a job in line.

The main purpose of it was for long traveling and camping. Love to travel Baja and I am bound to go at least two to three times per year to BAJA. I have gotten tired of the packing and un packing that I am designing a trailer to help out in the time process of setting up and down camp and have more time for travel. With that in mind I am planning on carrying essentials like clothes, tools, and extra tires on the roof rack with fuel jerry cans on the rack and the rest of the camping gear on the trailer that I will be designing and building. I will have dual Fridges in the truck, one for food one for drinks.

In the mean time. I got an RTE front bumper, 2 Hella 4000's(bumper), and 4 Hella 1000's (on roof rack), as well as two fog lights as reverse lights on the rear of the roof rack. I have a heavy duty 2" lift in the front to accommodate the winch in the near future. The rear has the stock air bags with adjustable height sensor which is very easy way to control my height in the truck. I am keeping the rear air bags as I plan on doing the towing of the trailer. ARB fridge installed with a hardwired rear 12V outlet and a powerful inverter that runs to the back and has an extension cord to use for accessories while camping (doesn't get much use but its handy when using it on the trail with a 110v light at times for local lighting during a repair at night.

Next on the list is the Winch and the "line-x" coating on the front bumper. I cannot believe I spent soo much $$ on the front bumper for it to come with primer rattle can paint. It looks terrible. '04 CDL install but missing two brackets to make the install possible. Not to mention the Differential guards are next on my list.

Enjoy the driveway pics and will soon update them on my after my next trip to BAJA.

Cheers Abel.

Attachments

• IMG_4301.jpg
    IMG_4301.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_4487.JPG
    IMG_4487.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 181

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member