Post pictures of your Land Rover.

carts

Adventurer
CARTS, thanks very much for the pics and stories!! Fab stuff. I watch a few youtube edits (it beats tv) and there's a guy called Ronny Dahl who is in WA who puts edits up most weeks.
I love that you can go to these wonderful places and have so much terrain to drive over. England is terrible for us 4wd guys, there's very few places to go and even where you can go, you are scowled at by walkers. A lot of the 'lanes' are being closed and access to the countryside is getting less and less.
Thanks again for your photos.

No worries.
I understand your pain, I have been to the UK for work and travel a few times. I had a look at your site and it looks to me that you make the most of what you have. you trucks look grand!
You had me thinking so I did a google, well wikipedia look up for some simple stats!

Some of the pics of the desert were from a recent trip to the Tanami desert, total area 184500 km^2 population so close to zero lets just call it that. That's why you need 11 Jerry cans and a full tank of juice to cross her, not to mention the water.
Total area of western Australia 2645616 km^2 population 2.6 mil.
Total area of the UK 242495 km^2 population 64.5 mil.

So I live in a place roughly 11 times bigger than the UK and the UK has roughly 32 times the population.
If you ever get down this way drop me a line on the private message and I will make an effort to help you get behind the wheel of our disco out in the bush.
cheers Carts

cameron_a

Observer
got this thing a couple of months ago. was abandoned by some old bean whose kids wanted to put him in a home. so he become a stowaway on a ship and got the hell out of there. apparently living happily in some other part of the country now.
He left behind two fishing trawlers and this landy at the port.
The local council sold them off. I bought this off the guy that got it off the council. He reckoned it was too hard to get road legal.
I fixed up the brakes and put new seatbelts in the front and did a couple of other jobs and it sailed through the re-compliance thing.
Here in NZ, older cars had Black with silver digits number plates. in the late 80s they changed to black on white. It's a bit of a thing to have black plates still on an old car. with the recommisioning I was unable to have said plates so instead I hit the NZ equiv of ebay, and bought the cheapest most irrelevant set of personal plates I could find. Gets a few laughs.
11866340_10153526769182528_375488586215983399_n.jpg

11846623_10153526777392528_7258725183926455670_n.jpg

11049609_10153792666040348_912639732996204782_n.jpg

12002086_10153882850220348_8414214422278147548_n.jpg

GREENI

Adventurer
Those stats are an eye opener.. Thanks Carts (don't want to clog up the picture thread with banter) I would love to go to WA, if you're ever in the UK, let me know !!!

LR Max

Local Oaf
got this thing a couple of months ago. was abandoned by some old bean whose kids wanted to put him in a home. so he become a stowaway on a ship and got the hell out of there. apparently living happily in some other part of the country now.

This guy is my hero. This is my plan if my family ever tries to put me in a home. Run away and join the merchant marines.

cameron_a

Observer
^ mine too.

been doing some work on a friend's very quick little e21 bmw. bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing. currently on his spare wheels which make it look very un-staunch.
Lots of horrible wiring going on so have tidied that all up and did some upholstery work etc
Thought it was an interesting image! from super high landrover, to bmw with less than 65mm ground clearance.
He's the dude that got me into silly numberplates as you can see. haha.
12189908_10153982058890348_7937747894185549339_n.jpg

acg

Adventurer
As a scientist for a major mining company I have traveled the world and like most of my Australian brothers suffer from the wander lust, But what brings me back is simply I live and work in Western Australia and she always seems to have another track to follow and another sun set to view and I own a few discos!
I hope that this satisfied the picture request. Enjoy
regards
Carts from WA

Carts,

I love your LR projects. I work for a commercial truck manufacturer. My specialty for the past 25 years was in the sales and marketing of offroad or extreme-duty trucks, especially in the mining or oilfield segments. I share the same excitement of travelling to remote job sites around the world. I am lucky to have been able to explore magnificent places such as Mongolia, China, Borneo, Peru, Ecuador, Ecuador, Vietnam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and the mighty Grasberg. Australia has been a favorite place of mine. I used to travel to Australia a few times a year for a decade when I managed business in the Asia-Pacific region. You live in beautiful land. And yes, it includes WA and not just the east coast of Australia **thumbs up** The fun part about being in this business is it take days of off-roading to get to a specific remote site. It is almost like I am being paid to off-road!

The sad part is... I have since left the export side of the business and moved on to the Western Canadian side of the business. This means no more hopping around the world for weeks from North America. My 3 sons need me more at home these days. However, Western Canada is new to me. I am just starting to explore beautiful British Columbia and further north.

I wish you all the best to your projects!

Last edited:

Silmarillion

Observer
I've gotten my 2006 LR3 to a point that I'm very happy with it! Frontrunner Slimline II rack and ladder, 18" OEM wheels, 265/65/18 KO2 tires. IID tool (no everyday lift)...now I just need some adventures!

TBD: A front skid plate installation, and taillight guards - unfortunately, I'm missing brackets for those and may not be able to install them...has anyone fabricated those parts before?

Rover.jpg

Thanks for all the help! Especially Jwest!

Derel1cte

Adventurer
I've gotten my 2006 LR3 to a point that I'm very happy with it! Frontrunner Slimline II rack and ladder, 18" OEM wheels, 265/65/18 KO2 tires. IID tool (no everyday lift)...now I just need some adventures!

TBD: A front skid plate installation, and taillight guards - unfortunately, I'm missing brackets for those and may not be able to install them...has anyone fabricated those parts before?

Thanks for all the help! Especially Jwest!

Instead of taillight guards, since your truck is already going with the black on black look, maybe switching to some 2014MY taillights or some of these would look pretty cool:

s-l500.jpg

Redman333

Adventurer
Instead of taillight guards, since your truck is already going with the black on black look, maybe switching to some 2014MY taillights or some of these would look pretty cool:

s-l500.jpg

I wish they made something like this for my D2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silmarillion

Observer
I'm not wanting to plunk down $600 or even $400 to change my lights though. I got the rear guards for $50! (now I understand why they were a bit cheap haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333