Post up your drawer/storage system

Trailfrog

Adventurer
I finally got my drawers built for my storage platform. I had the fridge shelf done just painted the front to match the new drawers I built. When I built the platform I decided to just use a tub instead of drawers but after trying to find stuff in the tub, I decided drawers would allow me to organize much better and be easier to get to what I needed.

P9180013.jpg

P9180015.jpg

Last edited:

Stub

Wow, some nice stuff in this thread! I did a road trip in 1998 in my big Dodge with a cap, just threw a mattress (and a dog bed) in the back, a box for clothes, and bought a couple 2-gal water jugs (the kind with a spigot) at the grocery store which I refilled along the way until one wore right out and soaked my bed. Had a cooler in the back seat of the cab, and a bag of dog food. Spent two months in that set-up driving to Alaska, with nary a hot meal.

My second expedition I had a 2001 F250 superduty with a cap. This time i put a little more thought into it and built a small platform for the mattress out of 2x6's. It never occurred to me to have drawers, or to cut the slab of plywood to make it easier to lift. I just bought some heavy-duty lift arms (so strong I had to get a slide bolt to keep the bed in the down position!) to lift the entire platform up to get at stuff underneath. I also got a camp stove and an actual 5-gal water jug for that trip. Spent several months living in that road-tripping around the states in 2004, then tent camped for a month in the Black Hills in SD. Haven't had a truck in quite some time now due to going into business for myself which requires a vehicle with good gas mileage, and have been dreaming of getting another truck and going traveling again. I loved it and I miss it and all these build threads make me want out there sooo badly! Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. My next truck is going to be truly liveable. :)

Ray_G

Explorer
Some updated shots now that I moved my fridge to the back. Made it so it can tilt down ( I am short...kids are shorter, certainly helps with a 3" lifted D1 on 33's). Also put a cage around it so I can store stuff on top and beside without interference
umequ2an.jpg

a2epygyv.jpg

sepytube.jpg

e3e3ame2.jpg

zudu4asu.jpg

Loaded out:
hysu7abe.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Anyone have a link to where you find the panels that have the Molle Webbing on it? I want to put a larger panel behind the seat, along the back of the cab of the F-250, and cant seem to find a source no matter how I word it in my Google searches

Ray_G

Explorer
Anyone have a link to where you find the panels that have the Molle Webbing on it? I want to put a larger panel behind the seat, along the back of the cab of the F-250, and cant seem to find a source no matter how I word it in my Google searches

Springtail solutions has the hard panels like the one I have on my door: http://www.springtailsolutions.com

Blue Ridge Overland has the soft panels: http://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/MOLLE-Seat-Back-Panel-p/21msb12.htm

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
THANK YOU so much! That's the exact reason I wanted it was to be able to attach a VooDoo Tactical Scabbard like on the Springtail Solutions site!

Bookmarked them for future reference! Thanks again

Ray_G

Explorer
All good, glad it helped. I love my springtail stuff-I got their AR scabbard but find myself tucking it into my eberlestock pack as a rule.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I had a sliver of space on the rear of my storage slide out kitchen and action packers.... turns out its PERFECT for storing my IGT 3 and some of its attachments. 20131019_184501.jpg20131019_152248.jpg20131020_120826.jpg

Last edited:

jeepin_idaho

Adventurer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues