Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

gaston7

Observer
New guy on the block.

Hey portal! My name is Gaston and I live in SoCal. Although Ive been learning and day dreaming on this portal for a long time now, I have finally found what ive been looking for. I picked up this 1995 Montero SR yesterday and I could not be more pumped about it. I've been trying to find a low mileage SR for over 6 months and finally scored. With only 115k miles on her she's got years of adventure ahead. Aside from some new tires put on by the PO, she is bone stock and ready for some mods. Im grateful for this portal and cant wait to apply everything I've read from you guys. I'd love to meet some other local montero crazies to wrench with, learn from, and go wheelin with. Thanks in advance for all the help.

-Gaston

New Rig.jpg

Meet Montenegro, 06 Mitsubishi Montero. He's my 2nd gen 3 montero I bought. The first was one was an 03 Montero Limited. I traded it in for an Infiniti QX56 for the perks but always missed the Montero's go anywhere drive through anything capability. I dont feel held back driving with this bad boy. The infiniti is too plush. View attachment 209375

Hey portal! My name is Gaston and I live in SoCal. Although Ive been learning and day dreaming on this portal for a long time now, I have finally found what ive been looking for. I picked up this 1995 Montero SR yesterday and I could not be more pumped about it. I've been trying to find a low mileage SR for over 6 months and finally scored. With only 115k miles on her she's got years of adventure ahead. Aside from some new tires put on by the PO, she is bone stock and ready for some mods. Im grateful for this portal and cant wait to apply everything I've read from you guys. I'd love to meet some other local montero crazies to wrench with, learn from, and go wheelin with. Thanks in advance for all the help.

-Gaston

View attachment 209376

Welcome to the Portal. These are some very fine rides. Both of these rigs look like they are in beautiful shape and should make for great expedition rigs.

gaston7

Observer
Thanks @LaOutbackTrail...Much appreciated. I see you too have a 95' SR. Sorry for the lame rookie question, but I noticed it recommends premium gas. What do you put in yours and do you notice a difference with premium fuel? Thanks a lot : )

gaston7

Observer
Thanks @4D55Performance!! I hope im responding to you guys correctly on here : / I appreciate the warm welcome and cant wait for what lies ahead in the new rig. I bought it last thursday, left for some beach camping at Pt Magu on Friday, and just now got home...Ha. Couldn't wait more than 24hrs to take her on a mini trip. Loaded her up with gear, the wife, and some close friends and could not be more stoked on the purchase. Thanks again.

Thanks @LaOutbackTrail...Much appreciated. I see you too have a 95' SR. Sorry for the lame rookie question, but I noticed it recommends premium gas. What do you put in yours and do you notice a difference with premium fuel? Thanks a lot : )

I usually run mid grade gas. I can tell a difference between regular and mid but not mid to premium.

FullMonte

Adventurer
ahabupus.jpg

Just enough lift via OME and my KM2's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, Thats how I want my "Montenegro" to look like! Did you get any skid plates?? You look awfully close to the ground, enough to damage some undercarriage!

Good to know for sure. What's the difference you can tell from regular to mid? Performance? MPG?

I'm always hyper sensitive to how the truck runs, smells, sounds, and vibrates. Running lower octane runs, smells, sounds, and vibrates differently than higher octane. I do notice mpg goes down ever so slightly with regular. And, again, I can't tell a difference going to premium.

The difference is marginal, at best, so I just run middle grade to make me feel better knowing the truck seems to like it more. The price difference is marginal as well, so I'm OK with the added cost of mid vs premium.

In other words, I have not taken the time to produce any quantitative data.

gaston7

Observer
I'm always hyper sensitive to how the truck runs, smells, sounds, and vibrates. Running lower octane runs, smells, sounds, and vibrates differently than higher octane. I do notice mpg goes down ever so slightly with regular. And, again, I can't tell a difference going to premium.

The difference is marginal, at best, so I just run middle grade to make me feel better knowing the truck seems to like it more. The price difference is marginal as well, so I'm OK with the added cost of mid vs premium.

In other words, I have not taken the time to produce any quantitative data.

All makes sense to me! Thanks for all the replies my friend. I also just realized we are having a convo on the "Post Your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics" thread, when maybe I should have just PM'd ya. Hah. So since I dont wanna be that lame new guy, here are a couple pics from last weekends mini beach camping trip after owning the new rig for less than 24 hours.

View attachment 209809View attachment 209810View attachment 209811View attachment 209812View attachment 209813View attachment 209814View attachment 209815

FullMonte

Adventurer
a few more and I also show my double din install with backup camera!

a few more and I also show my double din install with backup camera!avatarmontenegro.jpg20140130_135451.jpg

BEFOREbefore.jpg

AFTERand after.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal