post your Suburban pics

boll_rig

Adventurer
YMsiCeBeokJEBiHT8
ha, that almost looks like a still from that volcano movie.

Was going to say the sam thing, just needs some red in there..

Here's mine after the pop top build.

AF1QipNfKCRRN7uAPmgjTZLww4RlWNYLUcoyh0XqidaB

YMsiCeBeokJEBiHT8

edit: can you guys see these photos?

Last edited:

Rockhounder

Explorer
Does it have barn doors on it.. Roadhounder

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Yes, it has barn doors, Our other 91 suburban also has barn doors... I like the barn doors better than the tailgate style. just has a more retro vibe, and for our uses, a lot easier to allow ease of access to the rear when camping/ mineral exploring.

We also just restored and painted out 91 with a few modifications. We removed the ugly (in my opinion) 91-2004 mirrors in favor of the retro late 70's rear view mirrors. We also put a retro roof rack from a 70's chevy van (had to make it 6" narrower that the van version as the sub roof is narrower.) The paint two tone we made the side white stripe taller than usually painted, and the white paint has a pebbled reflective texture under the clearcoat (the top clearcoat was sanded and polished smooth). The micro pebble reflective powder makes it look like a snowfield in reflection... cool effect. We painted it ourselves at our house , sucked having to sand off all the gnats in the clearcoat after it dried, but at least it allowed us to do a sanded and buffed clear coat topping.

IMG_5226.jpg
20170302_110127.jpg
20170302_110102.jpg
20161007_144304.jpg
20161007_144222.jpg
20161007_144401.jpg

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
YMsiCeBeokJEBiHT8

Was going to say the sam thing, just needs some red in there..

Here's mine after the pop top build.

AF1QipNfKCRRN7uAPmgjTZLww4RlWNYLUcoyh0XqidaB

YMsiCeBeokJEBiHT8

edit: can you guys see these photos?

No, but if I copy/paste the image link directly I can see it. Can do that with both links, same shot with train passing in the background. Must be some glitch between the google link and the board software.

YMsiCeBeokJEBiHT8

Rockhounder

Explorer
Nice job. Done a couple home paint jobs.

Thanks! The high altitude was a challenge to keep the paint from flashing off too quickly (we are at 7000 feet altitude). Also, we got rid of the chrome look on the front grille and the wheels by painting it with the HotRod brand Smoke color paint, which we also painted the other military looking sub with.

FBJR

Adventurer
I will make custom bumpers for mine but go low key on the paint job. Easier to paint here near Sac. Got a build going on 2 other sites, I just post teasers here.

This is how I bought it. Sold winch and bumper.

FBJR

Adventurer
How it looks today in another thread here. Just filled several hole on this side, have 1 (of 3) to go on the roof. Had the typical 80s upper GM rustover sanded off, etched and primed.

Rockhounder

Explorer
How it looks today in another thread here. Just filled several hole on this side, have 1 (of 3) to go on the roof. Had the typical 80s upper GM rustover sanded off, etched and primed.

It's great to see two of the same in the driveway. One Classic, fixed up vehicle is a historical display, two or more is a Vintage car show! :)

FBJR

Adventurer
Thanks, but I am only keeping the 3/4 ton. The 1/2 ton will be flipped as the price was to good to pass up

Shpook

Here's my 2000 Yukon XL K1500. Still lots to be done. Right now it's got a 3" lift, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, custom rack, ebay special lights, Bearcat 880 CB, spare tire mount from a Mitsubishi Montero, and running boards and lower valence removed. Next is 33" tires, then a house battery and isolated house power, lighting for the rear and sides, skid guards, brush guard, limb risers, yada yada yada.

Yr45paW.jpg

sJIg4WC.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven