post your Suburban pics

sean257

Adventurer
New to forum.

My daughter and I usually use our CJ7 to run around powerline trails and ratty rock roads in mid Missouri.

93e79da1.jpg

but now my son is getting old enough to ride, and our friends have kids, so I wanted more room. This should fit that role...

f4234ba7.jpg

f8dae853.jpg

It is 1991 1/2 ton GMC. It is a stock 350 TBI with 133k miles 6" lift and 36's on 15's

cd2ca670.jpg

I rattle canned the wheels black

5a676579.jpg

I am having some things done to it now: a new front and rear bumper, full roof rack, ladder, 12000 lb warn winch, manual lockouts, AC converted to R134 and new compressor, and misc.
All of the work is being done by a guy in our maintenance dept. at work and all is custom. I am looking for function rather than beauty so it will look how it looks.

Front bumper progress, 3/16" Steel plate.
7ccaea55.jpg

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice :Wow1:looking `Burb´ Sean! I specially like the new bumper. Please keep us posted with updates and lot of pics!:ylsmoke:

Erik N

Adventurer
Went back to Cali for a few days to visit a friend, put new rear leafs on the V20 to fix the sag (see pic). Handles way better now. And another pic just before tucking it in back to sleep till fall.

Attachments

• IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3886.jpg
    IMG_3886.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 164

rasetruscan

The Rebirth of a Totaled 2003 Burban

From family car ....

photo.jpg

To the dedicated Hunting/Ranching/Construction/Vacation BURBAN (post wreck)

IMG_3319A.jpg

Robert

COCHEV

Went back to Cali for a few days to visit a friend, put new rear leafs on the V20 to fix the sag (see pic). Handles way better now. And another pic just before tucking it in back to sleep till fall.

Now thats a clean ride right there. very nice!

cowboy63645

Adventurer
I am really kind of surprised there are not more 92-99 suburbans being buiklt as they are becoming cheaper and so readily available. I will have pictures of my 94' up soon.

AofC'77

IMG_0179.jpg
I figured this to be the best place to introduce myself on the forum since I have two Subs (both 2500s). So hi and here is the newer of my 2500s (8.1); my older 2500 is a '91. The '91 looks pretty much like Erik N's from post #123 above minus the barn doors (wish mine had them) and the shine on the paint. I am starting my build on the '91 this summer. Glad to have found Expeditionportal.

InvisibleOne

OverANYlander
We call this one *Armageddon*

Alright. Heres mine. Mostly my daily, but it's been on a few wanderings.. 4" Lift on 35's. Super clean, bought it specifically to build into an Adventure Rig, but just can't bring myself to cut into it, so now I'm looking at building a trailer.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 133

pacman

1999 K1500. The usual drivetrain. Just bought it yesterday. The grille guard is already gone. It just looked a little too large to me. I like the looks of this body style without anything on the nose.

The PO removed the front drive shaft and half shafts for "gas mileage" purposes, and of course could not locate them for the sale. So that will be the first major purchase when I get a few more dollars stashed away. I got a good enough deal on it that I don't feel too bad about having to pop for those right away. Door lock actuators and a rough idle are the only other real issues. After researching the rough idle, it seems to be a pervasive problem for Burbs, with myriad possible solutions, so I guess I'll just start ticking them off one by one starting with the IAC valve.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
1999 K1500. The usual drivetrain. Just bought it yesterday. The grille guard is already gone. It just looked a little too large to me. I like the looks of this body style without anything on the nose.

The PO removed the front drive shaft and half shafts for "gas mileage" purposes, and of course could not locate them for the sale. So that will be the first major purchase when I get a few more dollars stashed away. I got a good enough deal on it that I don't feel too bad about having to pop for those right away. Door lock actuators and a rough idle are the only other real issues. After researching the rough idle, it seems to be a pervasive problem for Burbs, with myriad possible solutions, so I guess I'll just start ticking them off one by one starting with the IAC valve.

easy way to see if its your IAC is to pull the valve and clean it and the mounting location and if it idles better then replace it or keep cleaning it when it acts up, if it doesnt idle better its not your IAC

pacman

easy way to see if its your IAC is to pull the valve and clean it and the mounting location and if it idles better then replace it or keep cleaning it when it acts up, if it doesnt idle better its not your IAC

Thanks for the tip! I need to get into town for some supplies, and hopefully I can dig into it this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh