Post your tents

bobDog

Expedition Leader
I've been using cowboy range tents for the past 20+ years. All canvas, heavy, and sturdy. My current tent is a 10'x10' from David Ellis Canvas Products in Durango CO. It works excellent in rain, wind, and snow. I can easily set it up myself in less than 10 minutes while drinking a beer!
View attachment 129124

http://www.cowboycamp.net/range_tents.php

Dennis

My God man? You drink beer while setting up a tent!!? Decadence I tell ya!:D

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
My $100.00 used TentCot, mounted on my truck bed.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but here it is set up in my driveway. Hope I don't fall out.

TentCot.JPG

AndrewDM

Adventurer
My new Kodiak Canvas 10x14

IMG_0869_zpsd7fa254c.jpg

12+ year old Eureka Equinox still going strong

IMG_0898.jpg

-Andy

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Jealous of those Autohome tents. Saving for one.

Always bothered me that when you get out or in you're exposed to rain etc. While normal rtt you have a little shelter .....dry ladder space for shoes and stuff plus changing room and such. That and they just look like a box or coffin. Normal rtt says 'tent! '

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Ill play

Attachments

• Fossil Springs Moto 017.jpg
    Fossil Springs Moto 017.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 8-22-08 091 (Medium).jpg
    8-22-08 091 (Medium).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 47
  • trailer open2.JPG
    trailer open2.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 49

pyrate

Rollin' along
In general I am looking for something that opens/closes easily and I like the minimal cloth. The fiberglass shell appeals to me to mount things like solar panels. And I'm in SoCal so a good percentage of my trips are in dry weather in the SW or Mesico. I'll probably look for awning options for wet weather issues. And coming from a backpacking and motorcycling background, this is more shelter than I am used to! Thanks for the thoughts!

It would be great to hear anyone in the Autohome group that has any comments on the wet weather exposure that would be great to hear.

Always bothered me that when you get out or in you're exposed to rain etc. While normal rtt you have a little shelter .....dry ladder space for shoes and stuff plus changing room and such. That and they just look like a box or coffin. Normal rtt says 'tent! '

yedi

Observer
They make an awning for the Maggiolinas to protect the ladder and entry area, although you do have to buy it separately. I don't have one, so I can't speak to the quality or ease of use.

That and they just look like a box or coffin. Normal rtt says 'tent! '

No argument there, although the vertical walls and overhanging fiberglass shell have worked out well for me when it comes to shedding light rain.

pyrate

Rollin' along
Yeah. I like the Autohome, box look or not. and it will be easier to store on the roof of my garage. I like the fiberglass shell for not worrying about low lying branches damaging the tent while driving too.
The awning looks like a nice addition if needed. Yedi, what is on the left side of the truck? Is that a separate changing room or....?

Thanks for the feedback.

They make an awning for the Maggiolinas to protect the ladder and entry area, although you do have to buy it separately. I don't have one, so I can't speak to the quality or ease of use.

No argument there, although the vertical walls and overhanging fiberglass shell have worked out well for me when it comes to shedding light rain.

yedi

Observer
I'm not sure whose truck that is (just found it with a google search), so I can't say for 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure it's the changing room Maggiolina makes for their tents.

Here's a better picture:

And here's the AutoHome page that describes them.

I've got about 85 nights in my AirTop now, so I'm hoping to post a more complete review in the next couple of days.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
REI Base Camp 6 with SnowPeak Hozuki dome light. Perfect for a physically large 4 person family and a small dog. Sets up fast, impervious to wind.

Mojave-2012-036-XL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal