Project “Polar Bear”: 1989 V2500 Suburban

sean257

Adventurer
Nice, wait until she starts pressing buttons!

I did not go back through all of the pages, but is that a full size or close to full size spare under the carpet cover? I am trying to figure out where to put a spare on mine, besides the roof rack.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Nice, wait until she starts pressing buttons!

I did not go back through all of the pages, but is that a full size or close to full size spare under the carpet cover? I am trying to figure out where to put a spare on mine, besides the roof rack.

Yeah, that is a fullsize 235/75R16 under the tire cover. It fits in the spare tire storage well pretty tight but it fits.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
That time of year again for steelies and Swampers. Hoping to go on a snow run after the Holidays and once we actually get some snow :sombrero:

11456163545_453fca751b_c.jpg

11456296286_b929fcb84b_c.jpg

11456306636_80b3128464_c.jpg

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
Larry this thing looks so good no matter what is on it... I love it man. We got some really good ice down here recently and my daughter and I got my truck out, it was a blast.

Off topic hows your kiddo? Does she like riding in the trucks yet?

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Man.. that thing is lookin SO good with that setup. Very nice!

What he said. Just wonderful!

Thanks guys!

Larry this thing looks so good no matter what is on it... I love it man. We got some really good ice down here recently and my daughter and I got my truck out, it was a blast.

Off topic hows your kiddo? Does she like riding in the trucks yet?

Thanks! Yeah, I saw North TX got whacked pretty good with that ice storm. I saw your pictures but I was using my phone so I wasn’t able to comment until I got on with the computer. I really dig the Canyonero emblem :)

The baby is doing great! Hard to believe she is almost 6 months old already. Nah, she hasn’t ridden in any of the play trucks yet. The Impala and Silverado are her taxis. LOL

VoodooCLD

I've got steel wheels on my 89 v2500. I like the look of the super swamper tire size. However i don't want to lift mine. Any idea what tire size i could put on the stock steelies to get as close to that look as possible?

xbox73

Adventurer
I've got steel wheels on my 89 v2500. I like the look of the super swamper tire size. However i don't want to lift mine. Any idea what tire size i could put on the stock steelies to get as close to that look as possible?

When trying to stuff large tires under a vehicle without lifting it much or at all, an option can be to cut & trim some sheet metal around the fenders and then install larger fender flares e.g. from Bushwacker et al. But doing that depends on condition of existing sheet metal, desire to stay pure with original sheet metal / stock looking, one's level of comfort, etc.

southpaws3

Observer
Merry Christmas man ! Thanks for the information, and advice I finally got the nv 4500 installed . I used the wilwood clutch master cylinder .works great thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online