Project "Autonomous" F-350

rayra

Expedition Leader
Sounds like hell's a comin' again. KFI has been covering the growing mess. It's a bad spot, few roads and fewer alternates. I just drove thru that 18/138 stretch on the way home from Temecula a couple weekends ago when CalTrans had the 210 shut down in Pasadena. They're talking now about fire crews not being able to get to the fire because of traffic backup on the two-lane 138.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
It was a looong night but we made it. I can't thank all the fire crews enough for their sacrifice. 30k acres burned, 0 containment.

patoz

Expedition Leader
The ironic thing is, you guys are burning up and we just got over 6 weeks of almost solid rain, with Louisiana still under water and more on the way.

Too bad some of that rain can't be sent your way!

Petrolburner

Explorer
I'm glad I'm not down there on that El Cajon Pass fire. I had a leisurely fire up here in Oregon and a nice sunset cruise back to base with Tanker 44, a P2V Neptune.

14022325_10101289521705673_3187191588628602651_n.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
That's too damned close. You ready? Have some help? Looks like you have enough room, if you can kill the drifting embers.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I'm glad I'm not down there on that El Cajon Pass fire. I had a leisurely fire up here in Oregon and a nice sunset cruise back to base with Tanker 44, a P2V Neptune.

14022325_10101289521705673_3187191588628602651_n.jpg

I was looking at those lead planes and wondered if it was you.

That's scary...and firefighting is what I did for 35 years!

Thanks for your service Pat!

That's too damned close. You ready? Have some help? Looks like you have enough room, if you can kill the drifting embers.

I am in Vegas now. Vegas to Reno is on Friday and Saturday.

Talked to these guys at the gas station. They said it would be another tough day. Yes, I was drooling on their trucks!

It was creepy driving on the 15 with no traffic on either side of the frwy.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Some shots from Nevada.

Sunrise on race morning

Hi-Rev about to get the first dust bath of the day.

First spot of the day.

Then another spot that had a creek flowing across the course.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh