Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Can't quite get ya head around it...

Votes: 42 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Thanks!
Well, as before, not much forward motion...
I am working on my other stuff, so I can sell a couple of Vehicles, to free time and cash for BigB.
I did take a break in Hawaii tho, and had a chance to do some "Research" on 6x6 drivetrains...

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02315.jpg

DSC02312.jpg

ExpoMike

Ah yes! My first intro to what a Pinz is. My poor wife heard me say for a year straight, I want a Pinz.

Looks familar :D ,

kauai1161.jpg

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Yes, loved the Zipping!

Today I got confirmation that my Metalworking buddy is gonna stop by and give me some advice on how to proceed with the roof rust, and mods.
I have a plan in my head, but maybe he has a better way... lets see!

That One Guy

Adventurer
Hey Key, just a quick question. How is your door weatherstripping holding up? Mine is shot all the way around. Front doors, back doors and the side ones. I can only find it online for the front doors and its 100 bucks for the pair. No info WHATSOEVER on the other doors. I haven't the faintest idea of where to go next in the quest to keep my van dry. Also, how is the project coming along? Been waiting for updates!

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Seems to be ok... my bigger worry is the rust hole in the roof!

Just FWIW, project not dead, i just am busy with my Airstream... once that is smogged and roadworthy, I will get back to my Dodge!

Keyblazer

Adventurer
The plan has not changed, the Dodge Van will be refurbished, and made able to take me places.
Just two tools for different jobs.
Planning a few trips for 2012, so the Airstream is higher priority for now.

Just for fun...
Airstream progress...

Before...

DSC06155.jpg

After...
IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5144.jpg

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Not a whole year on the polishing... maybe 20 hrs into it.
Most of the time has been put into getting the bodywork watertight, replacing some water damaged flooring, fixing the 7kw Genset, water lines, water heater etc.

There is good fallout for the Dodge Van...
The Airstream is going over to Multiple 6V Golfcart Batteries, so the 12V marines are in the Dodge, and the waterheater in the Airstream will be a 10 gallon, so the 6 gallon will be handed down...
Its all good!

Polishing her up was originally a lower priority, but I had a few rain leaks at the overlaps and windows, so had to polish before I could seal the seams, and replace the weatherstrips on the windows.
Pretty much done the whole of the front end, most of the rear streetside corner, and halfway down the bodyside.
Biggist prob i have is the white RV that just moved in next to me...
I am worried about using the paint stripper to remove what is left of the clearcoat, and dont have enough space to buff properly.
I will have to pull the rig out and turn it around to face the Dodge to complete it.

The Motorhome polishing thread is here, which I am updating as I go, but am unsure if non-members can see the pics..
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f441/started-to-polish-my-motorhome-81748.html

In case you cant see them, here are a few...

Front end before and after..
Airstream011-1.jpg

In progress..
DSC02621.jpg

Window frames done..
IMG_5075.jpg

IMG_5074.jpg

Rear end roof..

Before I started, I took this pic..
IMG_5041.jpg

Progress..
IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5043.jpg

Done..
IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5044.jpg

The upper panel will be white painted later, so only polished to the joint.
IMG_5149.jpg

I know this is not about the Dodge, but just dont want anyone to think I have lost interest in it or it is dead...
In so many ways, its benefitting the Dodges future with first parts, but most importantly, knowledge for later!

Last edited:

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Just in case anyone thought I had forgotten about BigB...
Took this Video yesterday, as I am getting ready to move her to a different location...
Click on the thumbnail to watch...

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Thanks Peeps!
They are closing my storage, so I have to move her about 5 miles at the end of the month.
I think you can see in one section of the video, even with the 203 full time TC and all that weight, it actually broke traction when I got on it in one of the turns!
The motor is pretty built, and altho it has a hesitation when you floor it, once it clears that it gets pretty busy and sounds angry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp