Project: Waltzing Matilda

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
And some general pics of the truck as it sits.

315's with the Old Man Emu 2.5" lift. ARB Bull Bar, Warn M12000 with Master-Pull XD winch line.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
The front ARB Deluxe bumper looks great, and the well traveled Light Force lights looks like a good match.

Seems you could use a ProLink from Factor 55 to keep the end of the rope tucked and protected from scrape damage instead of going under the bumper.

http://factor55.com/prolink/

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
How do you like the Pro Comp tires?

I had to eat some Crow Pie over the Pro Comp tires. A few years ago I was on a hunting trip and I managed to flat out two brand new BFG A/T's. I was able to contact my father via a sat phone and have him drive roughly 140 miles to bring me a couple of spares. It was sweet revenge for him as I had constantly been "Ribbing" him about his Pro-Comp tires. It's a story I still get reminded of when we talk about tire selection.

That being said, these are too new for me to really comment on. I will say that one of them took a lot of weight to balance compared against the other four. I have that one mounted as my spare.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
The front ARB Deluxe bumper looks great, and the well traveled Light Force lights looks like a good match.

Seems you could use a ProLink from Factor 55 to keep the end of the rope tucked and protected from scrape damage instead of going under the bumper.

http://factor55.com/prolink/

I'm a big fan of Factor 55. I think one would tidy up the front nicely. When I spooled the XD line for the first time the chaff guard was nice and proud protecting all of the exposed winch line from the fairlead to the hook. That lasted until the last time I used the winch. It was very cold and getting dark. I was too lazy/impatient to make sure the chaff guard didn't get positioned at the very end of the line. Doing so would extend the line another layer of protection, but not as much as the Factor 55 would.

jdinevens

Adventurer

Any idea what the weight of the arb bumper is? I'm deployed but when i get back I'll be doing the whole f/r bumper upgrade. I've looked at buckstop and aluminess for their aluminum bumpers, but they are certainly pricey. the ARB was the third option but i'd rather save as much weight as i can. I love my 6spd, but the clutch is defiantly heavy. Any pictures of the 650 dash installed, i've looked at doing that same upgrade.

here is mine:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/113795-03-super-duty-build

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
snip... I've looked at buckstop and aluminess for their aluminum bumpers, but they are certainly pricey. the ARB was the third option but i'd rather save as much weight as i can. I love my 6spd, but the clutch is defiantly heavy.
snip...

Maybe consider an ARB Sahara? I've always had bumpers with full grille guards but on my current Tundra build I've been very close to choosing an ARB Sahara front bumper for the combined features of (less) weight, attractive and slimmer look, and easy bolt-up fit.

I've also considered the ARB Deluxe like 24HRS has, but it's a bit heavy, though that's less of a concern for a Super Duty. The Buckstop and Aluminess were also investigated but I decided against both because of their design/appearance which is very personal.

P.S. Manual trans control while you can... they are disappearing.

jdinevens

Adventurer
Maybe consider an ARB Sahara? I've always had bumpers with full grille guards but on my current Tundra build I've been very close to choosing an ARB Sahara front bumper for the combined features of (less) weight, attractive and slimmer look, and easy bolt-up fit.

I've also considered the ARB Deluxe like 24HRS has, but it's a bit heavy, though that's less of a concern for a Super Duty. The Buckstop and Aluminess were also investigated but I decided against both because of their design/appearance which is very personal.

P.S. Manual trans control while you can... they are disappearing.

Yup took me about 2 months to find one I liked, I paid a little more than I wanted but it also came with a bunch of upgrades already so it worked out for the better, only thing I dont have is the manual TC.....I tried to teach my ex-GF how to drive stick on it....was a mistake, that clutch is pretty heavy....

Yea I like the look and shape of the ARB and Buckstop but ARB will be heavy and Buckstop will be expensive. Aluminess makes a good product they just have a real square look to them that i'm not fond of, time to start writing some emails....

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Just a little update. The truck has still been performing flawlessly. I added a couple of Odyssey batteries and we took it down to Baja, where it performed tow duties for Harry Wagner's Class 11 style vw. We left it parked at the Horsepower Ranch and chased the 2014 NORRA Mexican 1000 in his bug. The article and pics can be seen in the October 2014 issue of Dirt Sports.

You can see one of Harry's great pictures on the cover. The article is titled; Chasing the Mexican 1000 in a VW Bug

http://ruby-blue15.org/e-books/1010028-dirt-sports-off-road-october-2014-true-pdf.html

This truck still remains one of my all time favorite vehicles. It really is up there with my old HJ45 Land Cruiser pickup.

The Ford is also sitting on some new 35" Toyo RT's that I am really liking. There was nothing wrong with the Pro-Comps. I just thought I would mix up the tires and try one of the new "Tweener" tread patterns. I say "Tweener" because they are in between an MT and AT.

Last edited:

Pra4sno

Checking in here to see if you have any updates on how the truck and camper combo are going. Read the full thread awhile back but am curious how things are holding up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl