Project: Waltzing Matilda

Here are a couple of Hanson Bumpers for Super Dutys

Wow..
The bumper on the white truck is really nice! And now I read further and find they're not currently in production...bummer! Anybody got a clue if / when they will be back in production?

day late/dollar short
Hillbilly

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Wow..
The bumper on the white truck is really nice! And now I read further and find they're not currently in production...bummer! Anybody got a clue if / when they will be back in production?

day late/dollar short
Hillbilly

All they would say is, " Those are discontinued, look for a new product offering this fall."

Chas Stricker

Adventurer
Have you thought about building your own bumpers? I also love the big "R" bumpers but they do hang way.....out there. I wish I could get tall and skinny tires again too. Camper looks great.

jronwood

Adventurer
Nice rigs,

I just sold my white 2wd 2000 F-550 7.3 (Locker and 391's I kept) and replaced it with a 2000 F-550 V10 4x4 (urban logging truck, "transfomer" rig as flipside Duece bed from white truck will fit over the custom low profile log bed) I did get another 7.3. I ditched my Ex cab 150 4x4 for a 2002 F-350 7.3 CC 4x4 DRW. This will be my long haul delivery truck and family trip vehical. It was a Chassis Cab from the factory, so same frame geometery (flat) as a 450-550. I have gotten the F-450 springs and cast mounts mount on it already. I sourced two more tanks so both the V10 550 and the 7.3 350 will have dual tanks. I rebuilt the headache rack and know I need to build a new twin to the Duece bed to go with it (Did I do that backward?). I will use a "softside" canopy like the one on the white 550 below (this time in tan or light grey for desert travel). I want to put Rickson 19.5's on the 350. I love the 19.5 for hauling. My needs are less four wheeling and more function. Everything is awaiting paint, white (simple). I already have a Ramsey 12,000 winch nestled into the back of the custom log bed, I will build custom front bumpers and over the cab roof racks for each. The 550 will also be fitted with a 9.5' Meyers plow to get me out of the weather plowing with my Gator.

I look forward to following this thread.

Attachments

• truckbody2.JPG
    truckbody2.JPG
    763.3 KB · Views: 83
  • phone 680.jpg
    phone 680.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
  • phone 324.jpg
    phone 324.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMAG0510.jpg
    IMAG0510.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Have you thought about building your own bumpers? I also love the big "R" bumpers but they do hang way.....out there. I wish I could get tall and skinny tires again too. Camper looks great.

Hey Chas, thanks for the compliments.

I have thought about building my own front bumper. If I go that route, I will use the Warn Hidden kit as my base. That's the Warn kit that allows for a winch to be mounted behind the stock bumper, but only moves the stock bumper forward five inches. That would meet my desire to keep the winch close without killing my approach angle too.

I've got something special planned for the rear that I don't want to make public yet.

Btw, it was nice seeing you a few hours ago. Thanks for the funny bear story.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I forgot to add, what size tire does your Mog run? It probably brings a whole new meaning to the words "Tall and skinny."

That is one gorgeous ride.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
jronwood, I think it's great that when you order a cab and chassis it comes flat. It looks like you could have some serious fun with that bed mounted crane.

jronwood

Adventurer
24hours,

Never met a crane or forklift I didn't like.

I will have a 3200# Venturo on the 350 (that 's what is hiding on the back corner of the first pic) . Always lifting something.

Jronwood

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Any updates on this??

Just stumbled across this thread. Lookin good!!!

Yes, and thanks for asking.

I was able to mount the BFG KM2's, 255/85r16's and it looks a lot better IMO. I also received the AIS filter from Ford, but as I was showing it to Redline, he noticed a busted mounting ear due to a shipping error. I have had it for a couple of weeks, but only opened it to look at the directions. I never removed it from the box/packing material. That will be sent back tomorrow.

A rear bumper is in the works and will hopefully be finished around early december.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Heck, I had yet to see the truck in person, I liked it lots! I sure thought my next new truck was going to be an extended-cab with a short bed like this one (6.5-6.75', not the miniature beds they call short beds these days). There is lots to be said for this combination of cab and bed if one doesn't need a larger cab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven