1. Rear tire carrier and tool rack off the back bumper
2. Rear winch mount (done) and install winch
3. Front winch mount
4. Add two more fuel tanks for 90 gallons total
5. Install 700R4 with ORD Magnum Box and new ORD NP205
6. Banks Sidewinder Turbo
7. Install Nostalgic Air A/C
8. Insulate rear cabin
9. Build custom cabinets in rear cabin. (add mattress)
10. Install Freeze Fridge and stove.
11. Install water tank and shower Kit.
12. Install comms and solar panels
13. Rock sliders/step

Tear it all apart and repaint, insulate, sound deadening, new interior, new windows and all new light covers ect ect. Then put it all back together.

Outback

Explorer
Ive been kicking around the idea to paint my truck (and Caravan camper) the same color as my 2011 Rubicon. Sahara Tan. If I decide not to then I will repaint my truck in her original Military colors as well as the camper.

Blown03HD

Hey Mike nice to see the truck is everything you dreamed. Looks great! I think getting rid of the Dodge for the Rubi was a great idea. I love mine! Tell Dave he is still a fat @#$% no matter how much weight he loses for me! Can't wait to see you guys again!

stevo-mt

Are you planning on putting a passenger side fuel tank like the civy oem's had? Also did you find a good source for a rear fuel tank? The only one I have come across is from LMC truck catalog. Truck's looking sweet! I ordered a few parts for my passenger fuel tank but I am having a bit of trouble doing a clean integration ambulance box.

Outback

Explorer
Hey Mike nice to see the truck is everything you dreamed. Looks great! I think getting rid of the Dodge for the Rubi was a great idea. I love mine! Tell Dave he is still a fat @#$% no matter how much weight he loses for me! Can't wait to see you guys again!

********! Yah he will always be my (BIG) brother lol. Hope to see you soon as well! Yah the Rubi is a great little rig.

Outback

Explorer
Are you planning on putting a passenger side fuel tank like the civy oem's had? Also did you find a good source for a rear fuel tank? The only one I have come across is from LMC truck catalog. Truck's looking sweet! I ordered a few parts for my passenger fuel tank but I am having a bit of trouble doing a clean integration ambulance box.

My plan is to pick up a civi passenger side fuel tank from LMC. The rear tank is for a suburban and is after market. You can get a 40 gallon and keep the spare (I believe) or loose the spare and get a 50 gallon. I need to look up the company again as I have lost there home page on my old laptop (blue screened on me as the hard drive disintegrated). If memory serves me correct they were in Medford, Oregon. I will get back to you on that.

Outback

Explorer
Today was a very disappointing day for me. As you all know I spent some serious coin and picked up everything I needed to rebuild my Dana 60 King Pin axle. $1200 on parts and about $600 on labor and I had all new bearings seals king pins stage 8 lock nuts, 35 spline Yukon Chromolly Axles and there super stout Yukon Chromolly selectable hubs. I wanted the best so I paid for it. I ordered everything from Off Road Design and they were a one stop shop.

Last week I took my beautiful wife out for a quick run in the desert. I engaged my Yukon selectable hubs. All was right in the world. After only a few hours out in the desert we head home. This was pretty much a 2wd trail with a small slope of gravelly incline. That's when I locked the hubs. Not a big deal. Back at the main road I unlocked the hubs. HHmmmm. That's when my problems began. There was no longer that "Detent" click when they go into "FREE". I head home. 15 minutes later I pull into the drive and expect that they locked back into free. NOPE. still flopping around (the select dial can roate freely loosey goosey). I back up pull forward ect ect no locky, nothing. The next morning I roll into my mechanics shop. An hour later he cant figure out whats going on. When we jack up the wheel and spin it the tabs engage. BUT we notice that one side even though its in "FREE" the axle is still locked. He can see the spring doesn't have enough force and that sometimes the spring after we rotate the wheel gets cocked sideways in the hub. Since he didn't provide the parts I pay him his hourly rate of $85. I call Yukon.

Yukon has me take a few pics of the detents. 4 days later I get a call from Yukon (today) and the detents are good. So I head back down to my mechanics shop. 3 hours later and two Yukon reps later they all agree the selectable hubs are the correct one but want me to mic everything to see if there is a defect. Im now looking at 3 more hours of labor at $85 an hour and they want me to mic all this stuff? The other option is to send them the hubs after I call Off Road Design and get and Return Authorization Number. I explain this is my only vehicle and don't feel like driving it without hubs. They cant do anything about that. (Im not getting that good customer service vib about now) OK so I place a call to Off Road Design.

Now Off Road Design I feel will step up and help me out. Ive spent THOUSANDS of dollars MANY times with them. **** Im even getting ready to order there Magnum box and newly rebuilt NP205 from them. So I spend about 20 minutes on hold which was ok as she said it would take awhile. I get "Chris". Chris also wants me to Mic everything. Im sure he called Yukon or Randys Ring and Pinion as he placed me on hold for a bit. He says he can send me a new set of hubs but I need to pay for them and that if Yukon cant find anything wrong on there end then I would be stuck with the bill. Now I have been told by this point that these are great hubs and they have almost NO problems with them. Im sure they are correct. They are a SUPER STRONG HUB. But Im having problems with them and they are assembled correctly (more than 3 times now). My mechanic even played around with them and found the best combo for them to kinda work was with the spacer up front. Of course Yukon said the spacer needs to go to the rear which is not a big deal except they don't work that way. Im not sure what happened to customer service but if a product you sold me does not work and I complain about it the least thing you should do is send me a new set of hubs. Everyone agrees these are the correct hubs. Yukon said there might be some burrs in the teeth keeping them from free popping in place. But that's a guess. So Yukon wont help me and ORD wont help me without me paying another $335 for another set of hubs. Whos to say when Yukon gets them they wont say everything is fine? and now im into a set of hubs for $670 bucks Plus what my mechanic is going to get to reinstall them plus this another 3 hours for today? That would add up to about $425+$670=$1095 for a set of hubs. That to me is unacceptable! So my Mechanic steps up and and offers to swap out a new set of Warn 35 spline super hubs. He will play around with the Yukon hubs and find a combination that works out. So He swaps them in and they work perfectly.

Conclusion. I feel that Yukon (Randy's Ring and Pinion) as well as Off Road Design pretty much left me out high and dry. Im not exactly happy that I don't have these so called super heavy duty ultra stout selectable hubs. But the Warns work without any headaches. So you decide for your self if you want to take a chance. Will they back up what they sell? I don't feel they did for me. I would suggest though that you have your shop order everything. That puts the burden on them at least. Everything I ordered from Off Road Design was directly ordered from Yukon. EVERYTHING. I ordered the best that was available. I paid for the best. But I did not receive that in turn when there product did not live up to its reputation.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
First bad things I've ever heard about Randy's or Yukon, but that said, its really hard to beat Warn hubs.

Hopefully the jokers back up their product and look after you!

Outback

Explorer
Language Violation - You agreed to family friendly language when you signed up and agreed to the terms of use.
ADMIN

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven