Quick Fists, shovels, Hi-Lifts and other things

I know a few of you are using QFs to store stuff...who's got pics? I'm getting a few of these to stash things, what locations or mounting setup is working best for your vehicle?

This stuff will end up in the bed...no roof racks for me, and I don't have a swingout tire carrier, but seeing/reading how you guys are doing it will give me some ideas...

Shovel, Hi-Lift, spare axles, fire extinguisher, flashlight, whatever.

TIA,
Sean

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
Here are my home-made shovel mounts. Solid even at 70+ mph.
ShovelMount4.jpg
ShovelMount3.jpg

datrupr

Expedition Leader
They are made of rubber. They work great. Here are pics of my mag light and my extinguisher.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
End of the Road Products
I came across these mounts and decided to give them a try. I have been packing the 6 cell Maglite in my tool box. After seeing these mounts used, I decided to add it to the interior.

The mounts look really good, and are in two sizes for use to mount virtually anything from jacks to air bottles.

I ordered the QuickFist ($9.95 pair and free shipping) mounts. :D Might be overkill for a Maglite? Nah!

Here are some examples of their uses: QuickFist in use

Here is the Maglite install that I did:

qwik.jpg

They are a nice quality piece, and for this application , I do not know of a better solution at this time.
The company has a "small business feel", shipping was prompt and the communication was very good. Good people to business with directly.

I have since removed them and installed a rechargeable Maglite. The mounts are currently waiting for the next "need" Perhaps mounting a shovel?

Last edited:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
I am also using these on my roof rack to hold a shovel and axe for quite some time now. They have been holding up to the intense Arizona sun so far for well over a year, maybe two? More time will provide further proof. Very convenient for quick deployment of the tools. Awesome product. I highly recommend.

ZooJunkie

Explorer
datrupr said:
They are made of rubber. They work great. Here are pics of my mag light and my extinguisher.
Aaron, there's a better place to put your fire extinguisher that doesn't take up space in the cargo area.

I'll snap a pic and show you. It's on the side of the rear seats, right up near the wheel well. You can fit a nice extinguisher there and it doesn't get in the way of your cargo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3